Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone know what to study for out of state waiver test for police certification?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone know what to study for out of state waiver test for police certification?

Scheduled to take the test next month. Anyone able to tell me what to study, how it goes down, is it open book, etc? All info appreciated.

Thanks.

It is not open book. There is a study guide on the mpoetc website somewhere you can dig up. If I remember correctly, focus on search and seizure and the amendments as there are a lot of questions on them. Test is multiple choice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    West Chester University B.S. Criminal Justice: May 2009
    Delaware County Community College Municipal Police Academy Class 126: July-Dec 2009
    Full time Patrolman in Chester County, PA.

Comment

Read the 2 I pasted above, mainly Title 18 (top one which is laws). Also read Title 75 which is traffic code, if you cant find it online send me a PM and I'll email a PDF

Comment

Hey guys, Thanks for the info... Out of curiosity as I am studying, is there anything specific out of 234 I and 75 I should focus on. It seems there is everything from use of recording devices onward that I just have no idea what to really focus on in both. Title 18 seems pretty straightforward...
        Thanks!

Comment

Along those lines. Do they ask questions about specific crimes and the punishments? Seems that PA is so vastly different from Maryland in terms of how they classify certain crimes that it would take a loong time to get them all down..

Comment

It's sorta of the same as Maryland's State exam but they do ask questions about amendments 1-8 and also title 75, vehicle crime codes. Title 18 is not hard due to that being criminal code and pretty much is the same as Maryland's. Only thing thats tricky with the State of PA is category of crime such as M1, M2 and etc…. When I took the test about a year ago they did not ask any questions based on the category of the crime.

I was a police officer in Maryland and had to go through the same process….

Comment

I don't remember crime category questions either

Comment

Nothing about punishment, seemed to have a lot of Title 75 (traffic) questions, nothing about how long in prison for each offense though

Comment

Can you fill me in on what types of questioms they ask for 75? Im going jnto this tomorow assuming ill fail and have an idea of what to study for try 2

Comment

Hey Turbonium I'm also Maryland LE thinking about PA, where are you trying for?

Comment

JM89,
                      No where in particular yet. I just wanted to get my certification in PA through the waiver process first. Then figured I would start applying. Seems having ACT 120 would give a leg up.....Ill let you all know how it goes tomorow....Anyone know how long it takes to find out score?

Comment

You can call a few hours later. Good Luck.

Comment

I had a question about snow flying off car and hurting someone, even if not intentional its still a summary offense etc (please look up and verify). A few other questions about age for child restraint if I recall correctly

Comment

Well off to bed for the night. Just wanted to thank everyone for the tips and advice. IF I PASS, then I will personally buy each of you a beer if you are ever in Baltimore City... Stay tuned for update tomorow..

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2957 users online. 179 members and 2778 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X