Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SEPTA hiring Act 120 again

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • SEPTA hiring Act 120 again

    http://autohire.careershop.com/septa...obAd_Id=962346

    There's the link

  • #2
    311 on septa? Good dept? How is turnover these days? Advancement?

    Comment


    • #3
      the dept isn't bad, with the current chief you'll stay busy and you'll get a ton of overtime. you'll also be on your feet a lot. a lot of retirements coming up so now is the time to get in if you want a chance to make it into k9 sort viper tac unit or detectives. pay isn't great to start but benefits are good and new contract negotiations start next year so who knows. 8hr shifts 5 days a week you can easily work 60 hours a week if you want

      Comment


      • #4
        I know it says they're looking for people who have completed Act 120. Would I be wasting my time if I submitted my application while still in the process of getting my 120?
        "If the police have to come get you, they're bringing an @$$ kicking with them!"
        -Chris Rock

        Comment


        • #5
          Thanks for the info!!! Forgot to ask, what is there retirement?

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Turbonium View Post
            Thanks for the info!!! Forgot to ask, what is there retirement?

            retirement under current contract is 25 years and age 50. whatever you make combined your last 3 years on the job your pension will be 53 1/3% of that so not bad.


            if you are graduating from a 120 academy in the next month or two maybe 3 I would put in otherwise not worth it

            Comment


            • #7
              Philaleo. Thanks for the info. Current full time officer in MD looking to make the move to pa. Submitted all paperwork for the waiver test and waiting to hear..... Think its worth it?

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Turbonium View Post
                Philaleo. Thanks for the info. Current full time officer in MD looking to make the move to pa. Submitted all paperwork for the waiver test and waiting to hear..... Think its worth it?

                depends starting salary is 38580 but you'll get a lot of overtime. however if you're in a car and don't want to walk the rest of your career then it's not worth it

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by enzothebaker View Post
                  Do they ever hire without the 120?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by TheTick
                    For Apples to Apples, you might want to start with the city, but beggars can't be choosers and SEPTA can at least get you up here.
                    The city no longer does lateral recruits so something to consider.

                    And good to see you back on here Tick.
                    "All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing."

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Yep Philly makes zero cents how they got rid of lateral hiring. Even Septa/Temple guys who are Philly based departments have to go through entire recruit process from start to finish. Yet they're hurting for numbers? Counterintuitive if u ask me.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Copkid228 View Post
                        Yep Philly makes zero cents how they got rid of lateral hiring. Even Septa/Temple guys who are Philly based departments have to go through entire recruit process from start to finish. Yet they're hurting for numbers? Counterintuitive if u ask me.

                        let's remember when it comes to philly there's no common sense after all we're still doing paperwork by hand and typing property receipts on typewriters

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          As Act-120 verified and currently working do you still do the physical fitness and psych exams ?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Jwingate View Post
                            As Act-120 verified and currently working do you still do the physical fitness and psych exams ?

                            from what I understand a physical will be required for anyone who isn't currently working as a police officer. so if you have 120 and no police job start running. then again that can all change

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Any idea how long the process takes if your selected?

                              Comment

                              MR300x250 Tablet

                              Collapse

                              What's Going On

                              Collapse

                              There are currently 3304 users online. 189 members and 3115 guests.

                              Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

                              Welcome Ad

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X