300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PA State Correction

Am I reading it correctly that you have to be a PA resident to even take the written test? Anyone have info on this? Processing for PA Trooper right now, and that didn't have a residency requirement. Weird that corrections would have a res req. though.

Thanks

Not sure about the residency issue. However if you are not a vet your odds of getting a job with the PA DOC is next to nil. I took my test back in july 2014 and scored a 93. I have no record at all, not even a speeding ticket. Fantastic credit etc.

After 4 months of not hearing anything back from any institution I called the hiring official of Graterford(one of our largest Max sec prisons). He said they "haven't hired anyone who's scored lower then 96 in the last 6 years". This is, as he himself put it, due to the fact that vets get +10 on their scores, which as long as they score a 91 you as a non-vet can not beat their score(a 101). He also said there is a huge influx of vets applying so i would likely not hear back due to that.

Can you get a job? Yes. Score 96-100 and you'll interview atleast.

Comment

Originally posted by diezl View Post
      Not sure about the residency issue. However if you are not a vet your odds of getting a job with the PA DOC is next to nil. I took my test back in july 2014 and scored a 93. I have no record at all, not even a speeding ticket. Fantastic credit etc.

After 4 months of not hearing anything back from any institution I called the hiring official of Graterford(one of our largest Max sec prisons). He said they "haven't hired anyone who's scored lower then 96 in the last 6 years". This is, as he himself put it, due to the fact that vets get +10 on their scores, which as long as they score a 91 you as a non-vet can not beat their score(a 101). He also said there is a huge influx of vets applying so i would likely not hear back due to that.

Can you get a job? Yes. Score 96-100 and you'll interview atleast.
      thanks for the info. I would still try, I mean, why not? But it won't even let me register for the test online because i'm not a resident. Bummer

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6143 users online. 352 members and 5791 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X