300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Philadelphia Sheriff Takeover

Word amongst the law enforcement community in Philadelphia is that the Philadelphia Sheriffs Office has taken over daily operations of the First Judicial District of PA Warrant Unit.

They took it back****

Like two months ago

Comment

Does that mean they aren't hiring? I just sent in my application. The courts website has openings for Warrant Investigator Trainee

Comment

Originally posted by WSU13 View Post
        Word amongst the law enforcement community in Philadelphia is that the Philadelphia Sheriffs Office has taken over daily operations of the First Judicial District of PA Warrant Unit.
        Are you asking? Yes, they did. I figured with a username of WSU you would have been in the unit? It'll be interesting. The unit started decades ago because the sheriff's office screwed it up then.
        "All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing."

Comment

Sheriff's Office is civil service. They've been hiring dozens of act 120s over recruits to build up some patrol-type units.

They'll probably hire for recruits some time...keep an eye on city's website

Comment

ERMedic I'm glad you're so well-informed...

They "screwed it up" by not have enough personnel for anything, so had to give it up when the old (screwed up) Sheriff had a particular agenda.

Not when I was a deputy nor now as P/O (again) would I ever speak ill of your department. Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by MikeF2009 View Post
              ERMedic I'm glad you're so well-informed...

They "screwed it up" by not have enough personnel for anything, so had to give it up when the old (screwed up) Sheriff had a particular agenda.

Not when I was a deputy nor now as P/O (again) would I ever speak ill of your department. Thank you

It wasn't a personel issue bud. It was the statistics. They had so many active warrants and they simply weren't keeping up with the numbers at the time and judges and court admin got ****ed. I don't understand why you get so upset on this forum. Take it easy dude, thank you.

I wouldn't call it speaking ill of the sheriff's. The Philadelphia Sheriff's Office is a very professional LE agency, as is the PA FJD Warrant Unit. I just happen to have ALOT of first hand knowledge of their agency. I could've also said the warrant unit was stupid for having their investigators wearing suits and ties with .38 snubs decades ago? Stop taking things personally. We're all on the same team.

And I think I've met you before, wear glasses?
              Last edited by ERMedic; 08-22-2014, 03:17 PM.
              "All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing."

Comment

Thats a good thing because it is my understanding that the FJDWU operated without and legal or statatory power of arrest. Never seemed right to me. The Sheriff should have had control of this all along.

Comment

Any updated info on this topic?

Comment

Originally posted by figcop29 View Post
                    Any updated info on this topic?
                    Same, more or less.

Comment

Simple answer. Things weren't "by the book" so they disbanded the warrenty unit and sheriff's took over. Everyone without an act120 was given option to go through proper steps or resign. Philly sheriff's now has their own warrant unit.

Comment

Is this a good agency to work for. Would be moving from Pittsburgh area. But like a few others, refuse to be stuck doing court security all day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3495 users online. 243 members and 3252 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X