300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deputy Sheriff thru 120

Can a sheriff's office sponser someone through 120 instead of Act 2. Such as reserve a seat at a local academy?
    I don't answer recruitment messages....

We had a sheriff from Delco being sponsored in my academy class. I believe they still had to go to sheriffs academy. At the time (I'd imagine it's still true) Delco sheriff was sending all the deputies through 120 and if they didn't pass or refused they'd get fired.
    West Chester University B.S. Criminal Justice: May 2009
    Delaware County Community College Municipal Police Academy Class 126: July-Dec 2009
    Full time Patrolman in Chester County, PA.

Comment

Allegheny county sends their deputies to 120 first.

Delco will hire people in the academy but not everyone of them has 120

Comment

Originally posted by cgravines View Post
        We had a sheriff from Delco being sponsored in my academy class. I believe they still had to go to sheriffs academy. At the time (I'd imagine it's still true) Delco sheriff was sending all the deputies through 120 and if they didn't pass or refused they'd get fired.
        Same.

A local 120 academy is far cheaper for most sheriff's offices than sending someone to the state academy.

Comment

My understanding is 120 candidates only have to go for an extended 2 weeks of training.

Comment

It's a requirement here in Chester county to have 120 to even apply to sheriffs office. I'm not certain if all their employees have it though... Meaning the ones that have been there for a longer time than the hiring requirement
            West Chester University B.S. Criminal Justice: May 2009
            Delaware County Community College Municipal Police Academy Class 126: July-Dec 2009
            Full time Patrolman in Chester County, PA.

Comment

Originally posted by cgravines View Post
              It's a requirement here in Chester county to have 120 to even apply to sheriffs office. I'm not certain if all their employees have it though... Meaning the ones that have been there for a longer time than the hiring requirement
              At the Sheriff's Office I worked for, 120 was required for new hires. There were old-timers without 120, however.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5974 users online. 307 members and 5667 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X