Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Philadelphia Police Dept. (Newer Applicants). April 2014 ....and beyond...

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good luck mbc5256... I'm waiting on my psych dates I hope to hear from them soon.. and be considered for the December class.. would be a bummer if. I had to wait to February or March

Comment

• Hey everyone please don't hang me but I am going to process my application for Philadelphia police and it closes in January. So safe bet would be I could get a ranking by March ? And academies run every 6 months or so ?

Comment

• Originally posted by jayjay123 View Post
        Good luck mbc5256... I'm waiting on my psych dates I hope to hear from them soon.. and be considered for the December class.. would be a bummer if. I had to wait to February or March
        Thanks! I'm sure you will get scheduled soon. Best of luck to you!

Comment

• Originally posted by ERangers88 View Post
          Hey everyone please don't hang me but I am going to process my application for Philadelphia police and it closes in January. So safe bet would be I could get a ranking by March ? And academies run every 6 months or so ?
          If the application closes in january, you should have a rank by March (Check out the information on the website it should let you know exactly when). The past classes seemed to have been going in every 3 months.

Just checked it. The week of March 23 2015 ranks will be going out.
          Last edited by MBC5256; 11-07-2014, 09:07 AM. Reason: Update

Comment

• Philadelphia Police Dept. (Newer Applicants). April 2014 ....and beyond...

Xxxxxxxxxxxx
            Last edited by ERangers88; 04-28-2015, 04:22 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ERangers88 View Post
              Thank you MBC. My fiancée is entering the PSP 141 Class and I am waiting to be called for my PRT as well. I jumped into this thread and a ton of good information in here. Good luck to all of you who can hopefully be in the upcoming classes
              Good Luck ERangers! I was in the process with PSP but I pulled myself out. My heart is with philly.

Comment

• Originally posted by MBC5256 View Post
                Good Luck ERangers! I was in the process with PSP but I pulled myself out. My heart is with philly.
                I understand I also took some tests out here in my where I live but since I am moving. Looking forward to new opportunities. I have only been to philly a few times in my life but overall seems awesome place to start a career and family etc

Comment

• Originally posted by HumbleBee View Post
                  For the 300 meter run, did you have to hurdle or any type of change of direction? Or is it just running straight like in the video they have. I've been training separately for each event, not in the order they have... More or less, how did you train for it?
                  The 300m run is around a building, in the parking lot, so conditions aren't exactly ideal. No hurdles though.

You should do a couple run throughs of all the events, in order, to get a good gauge of where you are at. Remember, you are going to run a sprint, wait around for the next event, do your bench, wait in line, do your sit-ups, wait some more, and then finally do the mile and a half run. All that sitting around and your legs can stiffen up from the sprint. Be sure and stay loose in between events. -And again, I highly recommend taking a Saturday and going to your local track and testing yourself on all the events, in order. If possible, bring a friend so they can operate the stopwatch.

Comment

• Originally posted by sixersfan View Post
                    The 300m run is around a building, in the parking lot, so conditions aren't exactly ideal. No hurdles though.

You should do a couple run throughs of all the events, in order, to get a good gauge of where you are at. Remember, you are going to run a sprint, wait around for the next event, do your bench, wait in line, do your sit-ups, wait some more, and then finally do the mile and a half run. All that sitting around and your legs can stiffen up from the sprint. Be sure and stay loose in between events. -And again, I highly recommend taking a Saturday and going to your local track and testing yourself on all the events, in order. If possible, bring a friend so they can operate the stopwatch.
                    Valuable information! I'm gonna do a full test run in the next week or so. I feel like I hate benching, mostly cause it's always been the most difficult for me, but I've been working around it to strengthen myself. One rep doesn't seem that hard, i don't see why they don't stick to push ups. Whatever it takes ill do

Comment

• For the section asking "have you ever been involved in a motor vehicle accident" does that only mean if you were at fault or if I was a victim too? I've been rear ended twice.
                      Last edited by meta223; 11-09-2014, 03:47 PM.

Comment

• Answer it giving the question the benefit of the doubt. You do not want to appear dishonest in any form. You will have your chance to explain the response during your history statement interview.

Comment

• Originally posted by meta223 View Post
                          For the section asking "have you ever been involved in a motor vehicle accident" does that only mean if you were at fault or if I was a victim too? I've been rear ended twice.
                          I'm pretty sure it means if there was a police report made. It needs to be submitted.

Comment

• Does anyone know what our file # is for the packet? Is that the number we had pinned on our chests during the physical test?

Comment

• Originally posted by meta223 View Post
                              Does anyone know what our file # is for the packet? Is that the number we had pinned on our chests during the physical test?
                              If I remember correctly, that number will be given to you during your interview. The only number you need to remember is your rank number (the number given to you for orientation).

Comment

• The background packet asks if anyone in my family is employed by a state or federal agency? Does that mean I should include my uncle who was in the navy decades ago? Or my other uncle who is a retired postal worker?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5721 users online. 333 members and 5388 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X