Collapse

Leaderboard Tablet

Collapse

Leaderboard Mobile

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Philadelphia Police Dept. (Newer Applicants). April 2014 ....and beyond...

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One last question when are they going open the recruiting drive?

Comment

• Anyone else at the med appointment phase/finished it today as well? Currently waiting for the follow up call to schedule my poly.

Comment

• Is it bad to have your investigator email you questions after the polygraph? I have seen some get called in for questions, but is an email any better or worse? How long after should I expect my psych to be scheduled?

Comment

• Hey I have a question I’m just wondering why I went on to see the process of my application and it says Certified to Requestor. I have my rank number already but that’s the first time I see that. Thanks in advance

Comment

• CoolRcknDaddy
            CoolRcknDaddy commented
            Editing a comment
            Hey, where did you log into to see that? I have a rank number too. I just thought they send you an email to orientation when they get to you. Thanks!

• Murph17
            Murph17 commented
            Editing a comment
            Did you find out what that meant? Because I got to BI and was put in review. Now, it says certified to requestor.

• Originally posted by Abalva8591 View Post
          Hey I have a question I’m just wondering why I went on to see the process of my application and it says Certified to Requestor. I have my rank number already but that’s the first time I see that. Thanks in advance
          Copy and past this but it’s the city of Philadelphia.. you can check the status of your application it’s for all city jobs.. https://phila.peopleadmin.com/session/new

Comment

• Just double checking they didn’t open the application process yet right? I heard some one say that they opened it 3 weeks ago for just one day and I would be really mad if that was the truth and I missed out on applying.

Comment

• CoolRcknDaddy
            CoolRcknDaddy commented
            Editing a comment
            I haven't heard anything about it yet. If you follow their Twitter page, @PPDRecruiting you can see they are doing a lot of recruiting drives at various places around, so maybe they are gearing up for an application drive soon. I heard a rumor about a hiring freeze until 2019 but like any rumor, you gotta take it with a grain of salt, so to speak.

• Are they going on a hiring freeze after this past recruitment drive or the people who got their ranking out of luck ?

Comment

• CoolRcknDaddy
            CoolRcknDaddy commented
            Editing a comment
            What I heard is that the academy class that was slated for December 2018 is getting cancelled, just a rumor so hopefully someone can validate that on here. The last recruitment drive list is supposedly good for 2 years so they will still screen applicants for an eligibility list when they start academy classes up again. I would imagine they hit their quota for new hires for 2018 but every year brings new quotas, i.e. retirements, transfers and injuries open up the need for officers.

• Any news on when the Fired department is gonna open up again? They’re due aren’t they?

Comment

• Removed, thanks.
            Last edited by PA_Ed; 03-19-2019, 12:48 PM.

Comment

• CoolRcknDaddy
              CoolRcknDaddy commented
              Editing a comment
              Congrats on the invite! I would assume you already have been working out for the fitness test, I would continue to do so. I am waiting for my invite so I have been preparing for the fitness test. Once you pass the fitness, they will conduct the Nelson-Denny reading test. From what I hear, it's not really a "come prepared" kinda test. I've been told if you passed high school, you will do fine. You will know that day if you passed or failed. If you passed, you will attend an orientation and be administered your "PDQ" book and instructed on how to fill it out. They will schedule a date (in the future) for you to drop it off. How do I know all this? Lol. I was able to chat recently with a recruitment officer online at joinphillypd.com They are on there once in awhile. Please come back and let me know if this is true after you go through it. Best of luck to you!

• Only1j
              Only1j commented
              Editing a comment
              Hey have you completed everything ? Do you know when the next academy will start?

• PA_Ed
              PA_Ed commented
              Editing a comment
              I never followed through, was most interested in PSP. Only considered PPD to earn my Act-120 cert; thank you for keeping me honest.

• Hello everyone,

Im new to the forum here. I am currently a part time SLEO in NJ (Special Law Enforcement Officer for anyone who is unfamiliar). Prior to that I was an Infantryman in the US Army. I am currently in the process for Philadelphia PD, and I meet with my BI in a couple weeks.

I have one concern, and that is my "colorblindness". I did not know I had it until I joined the military. Nevertheless, I failed some of the circle tests with the numbers, but passed a Red/ Green color test they gave me. The red/ green test was a series of squares that I just had to say if they were red or green. That was very easy. Color blindness has not affected me in my military or LE career at all.

So question is, will this hold me back from the process? I have my military medical paperwork that states "Normal Color Vision, can distinguish Red and Green." Would this be good to bring to the medical?

Thank you.

Nick
            Last edited by Ngun1993; 11-05-2018, 02:01 PM.

Comment

• orlandofed5-0
              orlandofed5-0 commented
              Editing a comment
              They do several tests. I remember doing the outline of the number in various colors and some distance checking

• Ngun1993
              Ngun1993 commented
              Editing a comment
              orlandofed5-0 Do you mind if I PM you a few questions?

• So are they just not going to allow anyone to apply this time around? Ive been waiting to apply since the end of june.

Comment

• CoolRcknDaddy
              CoolRcknDaddy commented
              Editing a comment
              I haven't heard anything about another application drive yet. I know they are still using the list from the last application drive from Spring 2018. They still are out and about doing recruitment fairs at schools and locations so I would assume they may have another drive soon. Check out joinphillypd.com they sometimes have recruitment officers online to answer questions. Good luck!

• December 3rd - December 14th the application process opens back up.

Comment

• anyone else in the process currently for the next academy class?

Comment

• How long is the hiring process?
                How many individuals are typically in the academy together?

Comment

• I was wondering if anyone has been put on review and came out of it? I saw one post where it took a year to come out of the review. I was wondering if that is the norm.

Comment

• JonnyNugz
                    JonnyNugz commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Last edited by JonnyNugz; 12-18-2018, 10:28 AM.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7879 users online. 250 members and 7629 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X