Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Philadelphia Police Dept. (Newer Applicants). April 2014 ....and beyond...

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Philadelphia Police Dept. (Newer Applicants). April 2014 ....and beyond...

Getting this thread started hopefully for the newbies and recent applicants just getting their results/ranking in the last
    month or two, with the new hiring options...so feel free to chime in with any news info, rumor mill stuff that you may have come across, my son was emailed his ranking of 667 in early May,, hasn't heard anything since. I work at the fire academy which is next to the police academy and i know that they have two classes up there now..
    He tested 2 years ago passed went to the physical fitness test, twisted his ankle on the 4 lap around the bldg. And was never rescheduled. So this time around with the new options he took it.. placed 667, and hasn't heard anything..

Originally posted by PhillyFire View Post
    Getting this thread started hopefully for the newbies and recent applicants just getting their results/ranking in the last
    month or two, with the new hiring options...so feel free to chime in with any news info, rumor mill stuff that you may have come across, my son was emailed his ranking of 667 in early May,, hasn't heard anything since. I work at the fire academy which is next to the police academy and i know that they have two classes up there now..
    He tested 2 years ago passed went to the physical fitness test, twisted his ankle on the 4 lap around the bldg. And was never rescheduled. So this time around with the new options he took it.. placed 667, and hasn't heard anything..
    I got my results around then also, ranked 718 I think, was scheduled my physical for June 7th but couldnt make it and had to reapply. He should contact the recruitment section or maybe you can ask someone at the academy, I dont see how they wouldn't have an answer.

Comment

Originally posted by NYPD14AUX View Post
      I got my results around then also, ranked 718 I think, was scheduled my physical for June 7th but couldnt make it and had to reapply. He should contact the recruitment section or maybe you can ask someone at the academy, I dont see how they wouldn't have an answer.
      believe it or not, we went to recruitment 3 weeks ago, at the 39th prec. they had no clue, told him to contact central personnel, central
      personnel tossed it back to recruitment,, i will have him call recuitment again.. thanks an good luck to u.

Comment

believe it or not, we went to recruitment 3 weeks ago, at the 39th prec. they had no clue, told him to contact central personnel, central
        personnel tossed it back to recruitment,, i will have him call recuitment again.. thanks an good luck to u.
        You called this number 215-227-8576? Thats who I had to call.

Comment

You called this number 215-227-8576? Thats who I had to call.
          Naw. we actually just showed up at recruitment with printed copy of email.. with his ranking,, recruitment on "hunting park ave"(39th prec.)2nd flr.. but we will call tommorrow. thanx much...recruitment only posts those 685-3027 and 3028 numbers.. never seen that number u just gave..

Comment

Naw. we actually just showed up at recruitment with printed copy of email.. with his ranking,, recruitment on "hunting park ave"(39th prec.)2nd flr.. but we will call tommorrow. thanx much...recruitment only posts those 685-3027 and 3028 numbers.. never seen that number u just gave..
            Thats the number they gave me in the email when I got my ranking and such, over there do the cops and fd guys have a good working relationship? Sounds like no one wants to help, I thought we were all on the same team!

Comment

Thats the number they gave me in the email when I got my ranking and such, over there do the cops and fd guys have a good working relationship? Sounds like no one wants to help, I thought we were all on the same team!
              Police n Fire have a great working relationship, its just that they hire so many more cops than firefighters that its two complete different worlds literally,, with a police force of nearly 4k cops and 1700 firemen,, hiring practices are much different, plus the recent administration has divided us over contract issues.. we are no longer the same.. the cops get many more perks than we do... "plus cops can move out of the city in 5 years.......... but the working on street relationship is great... as you saw on world news the cops surrounding the firehouse where the 4 kids died in a house fire. . . .

Comment

Well the 7/18/14 application deadline has come and gone,, anybody moving forward try to keep the forum posted of your progress:
                ranking
                p t test etc. etc....

that way all can kinda gauge themselves on what to expect,, to see the validity of a october class?

Comment

I just applied hoping to hear back keeping my fingers crossed
                  MPDC
                  Orientation: Done
                  Written test: Passed
                  PHS: Done
                  Background: Done
                  Poly: Done
                  Medical: Done
                  Review Committee: Completed
                  Academy: April 20, 2015
                  Graduation: February 12, 2016

Comment

Well the 7/18/14 application deadline has come and gone,, anybody moving forward try to keep the forum posted of your progress:
                    ranking
                    p t test etc. etc....

that way all can kinda gauge themselves on what to expect,, to see the validity of a october class?
                    From a recruiter... rankings come out in Sept, slow process after that due to holidays through the end of the year, don't expect to see a new class until early 2015...

Comment

Originally posted by OnTheJobAlready View Post
                      From a recruiter... rankings come out in Sept, slow process after that due to holidays through the end of the year, don't expect to see a new class until early 2015...
                      good info thanx.....

Comment

Ive heard nothing..Except applicated approved.

Comment

Gave another call over to recruitment, i'm sure everyone has seen the application approved notices under their names.
                          The correctional officers are getting their physicals this week and next week,
                          Philly recruitment is waiting for the green light to mail out the blue cards,, so stand by to stand by....
                          recruitment welcomes status phone calls, as they are in limbo also.
                          215-685-3026.....recruitment's #north philly.bmp

Comment

My Application still say's "in-scoring"

Comment

Mine does too
                              MPDC
                              Orientation: Done
                              Written test: Passed
                              PHS: Done
                              Background: Done
                              Poly: Done
                              Medical: Done
                              Review Committee: Completed
                              Academy: April 20, 2015
                              Graduation: February 12, 2016

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5274 users online. 204 members and 5070 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X