X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• matt_laut
    replied
    Originally posted by MightyAndrew View Post

Yea you rank three troops from 1 to 3 and they will do their best to put you in your first choice then run down the list. He said it's pretty easy to get into your first three choice especially with so many Troopers set to retire this year. There will be plenty of vacancies in a lot of troops.
    Thanks that makes sense.

Leave a comment:

• MightyAndrew
    replied
    Originally posted by matt_laut View Post

Thank you
    Yea you rank three troops from 1 to 3 and they will do their best to put you in your first choice then run down the list. He said it's pretty easy to get into your first three choice especially with so many Troopers set to retire this year. There will be plenty of vacancies in a lot of troops.

Leave a comment:

• matt_laut
    replied
    Originally posted by MightyAndrew View Post

One of my buddies is a trooper and he said that towards the end of the academy, near graduation, they have you fill out the three troops of your choice and they do their very best to put you in one of them based on need and openings. He said he got into his first choice.
    Thank you

Leave a comment:

• MightyAndrew
    replied
    Originally posted by matt_laut View Post
    What's up all? I have a question for people who may have already gone through the academy, I just did my oral board and assuming all goes well how difficult is it to get to your troop/county of choice? Any insight would be amazing
    One of my buddies is a trooper and he said that towards the end of the academy, near graduation, they have you fill out the three troops of your choice and they do their very best to put you in one of them based on need and openings. He said he got into his first choice.

Leave a comment:

• matt_laut
    replied
    What's up all? I have a question for people who may have already gone through the academy, I just did my oral board and assuming all goes well how difficult is it to get to your troop/county of choice? Any insight would be amazing

Leave a comment:

• LEO228
    replied
    I'm going to be taking the Pennsylvania State Police (PSP) entry-level law enforcement examination next month; in order to become a PSP Liquor Enforcement Officer Trainee.
    Are there any study guides?
    Thanks

Leave a comment:

• KitChen711
    replied
    Just want to wish everyone who is going to this academy the best of luck. I did my medical and psychological in May. I waited until October to hear form them that I had to do an additional psych evaluation. Drove to Harrisburg on the October 20 and waited almost a month with no response. Apparently they mailed me a letter telling me they took me off the eligibility list but I never got it. They said I can reapply but I might get cut again.

Leave a comment:

• LawDawg94
    replied
    I got my letter today along with 2 other people I know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• LawDawg94
    replied
    Originally posted by zoo87 View Post
    Anyone hear anything that took the med/psych in sept.?
    Word is that appointment letters are going out this week or next week. Best of luck!

Leave a comment:

• LawDawg94
    replied
    Originally posted by gkelly007 View Post
    Hello, just applied online the other day and was wondering how long it should take to hear back with an invite to the written exam. I read somewhere that there will be a written test in February if i'm not mistaken. Thanks.
    You should get something in Jan 2016 if you signed up in Oct. the window or this cycle closes on 12/31/15. Good luck to you!

Leave a comment:

• zoo87
    replied
    Anyone hear anything that took the med/psych in sept.?

Leave a comment:

• gkelly007
    replied
    Hello, just applied online the other day and was wondering how long it should take to hear back with an invite to the written exam. I read somewhere that there will be a written test in February if i'm not mistaken. Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• wkit
    replied
    Originally posted by Bliskin View Post
    Thank you for the link. Interesting article, I had no idea there is a noticeable decrease in those interested but it makes sense. I'm confused as to the debate with the PRT as PA State's is the most lax i've ever seen.
    The debate is people don't want to be held accountable. If they can't do it, it must be too hard. Sad really. I saw a news reporter do the entire test, pass, and ask why there was any sort of complaint

Leave a comment:

• wkit
    replied
    Originally posted by boredlimodriver View Post
    Meanwhile I get DQ'd for honesty. Pfft

Hahah same man...

Leave a comment:

• Bliskin
    replied
    Originally posted by ERangers88 View Post
    Bliskin. Some reading material for you.

http://triblive.com/mobile/8793223-9...-state-academy

Thank you for the link. Interesting article, I had no idea there is a noticeable decrease in those interested but it makes sense. I'm confused as to the debate with the PRT as PA State's is the most lax i've ever seen.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6004 users online. 326 members and 5678 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X