Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Has to be. Especially if the panel passed you

Leave a comment:

• boredlimodriver
    replied
    Pennsylvania State Police Written Test August 2014

10characters
    Last edited by boredlimodriver; 06-23-2015, 09:12 PM.

Leave a comment:

• DreamChsr
    replied
    I just wnat a straight answer from them as to what it was because I know that everything was included in this packet and to wait this long and not even have a chance to meet with anyone is ridiculous. I don't want to vent away on this thread but that's just how I feel at the moment.

Leave a comment:

• boredlimodriver
    replied
    Pennsylvania State Police Written Test August 2014

10characters
    Last edited by boredlimodriver; 06-23-2015, 09:12 PM.

Leave a comment:

• DreamChsr
    replied
    Well guys..I got a DQ letter today. Not sure how that's possible seeing how it says the poly review passed me and I never even met with a BI but I'm absolutely stunned/angry at this process.

Leave a comment:

• erico
    replied
    Originally posted by DreamChsr View Post
    Haha, ah so it's you who's causing the delay. Did HR tell you it was passed on to the BI?
    yea and that id be contacted.

Leave a comment:

• DreamChsr
    replied
    Originally posted by erico View Post
    Nothing yet Dream, i was told that my packet was sent to the B.I. but who knows, it may have been my packet that jammed the system lol
    Haha, ah so it's you who's causing the delay. Did HR tell you it was passed on to the BI?

Leave a comment:

• erico
    replied
    Erico - have you heard anything back regarding your poly? Since we seem to be the lone people left from the pool that haven't heard anything
    Nothing yet Dream, i was told that my packet was sent to the B.I. but who knows, it may have been my packet that jammed the system lol

Leave a comment:

• DreamChsr
    replied
    Erico - have you heard anything back regarding your poly? Since we seem to be the lone people left from the pool that haven't heard anything

Leave a comment:

• ERangers88
    replied
    Had my polygraph today. I know how all you ladies and gents feel. What an experience. Gonna wait for results, cross my fingers and hope for the best. For those of you waiting on your med/psych invites. Good luck. Still hoping to get to join you on the road someday. Until that time, we wait.

Leave a comment:

• DreamChsr
    replied
    Thanks, Erico. I spoke with them last week and was told similar information, but thanks for the update!

Leave a comment:

• erico
    replied
    I am one of the applicants who didn't hear anything back after the poly so i emailed HR a couple days ago and was told that there are a very limited amount of investigators and i should hear back this coming week. just wanted to share that with anyone who is still waiting.

Leave a comment:

• LawDawg94
    replied
    Off topic here, but a trooper at my Oral Boards last weekend said if you want a glimpse or close example of Academy life to youtube Rhode Island State Police Academy. The local news up there covered it
    DC, thanks! This brought back memories of military school days... It'll be a tough 27 weeks for sure.

Leave a comment:

• DAMAGE INC
    replied
    Originally posted by AnotherRun23 View Post
    Pretty ignorant comment, I am pretty sure on this forum , people have disclosed things that they were not suppose to due to signing that. I think the anxiety of waiting all this time, it's only natural to ask questions and sometimes people tend to share more than what they are suppose to by signing that non disclosure.

To be honest, everything is situational and that is why the whole process is messed up. You have so many different polygraphers that one may think something that you did in your past is bad, and dwell on that. While another one may say he was young, it wasn't an auto dq, so he is fine. Oral Exams is up to the 2 people grading you, and when it comes down it , those 2 people could grade completing different than 2 others and you present your oral exam the same way. Another flaw, Background investigators all have their personal beliefs which is fine, (examples religion, moral questions, etc..) but they use it to judge the people coming in. One background investigator may not like you because you did something morally wrong while another one may let it go and pass you.

The bottom line is that the whole system is "messed up." They want to hire individuals but yet won't hire you because you have a minor mess up,(that happen 20 years ago, 10 years ago) that's why only about 35 percent of people make it from start to finish because they want to pick out every little thing from your record. I am still in the process, if i make it or not, i know one thing. I know there are good, solid candidates that were passed over because of ignorance of the system. I also know just because I pass or anyone else does, doesn't mean I or anyone else was perfect. We were just lucky.
    If you feel that my post was ignorant, perhaps I should shine a little light on the subject. The minimum that can happen for violating the non-disclosure statement is an automatic DQ. Speaking to anyone about the actions that your polygraph examiner may or may not have taken is in direct violation of said contract. That also applies to nearly every other step in the selection process. If candidates cannot comply with these simple selection guidelines, how can they be trusted with operational and situational security in the future? I am not saying that our selection process is not flawed, but it has worked extremely well for the past 110 years. All I was trying to do was offer some advice to you guys about what you post on the internet. Since my advice was taken in a negative fashion, I will not offer it anymore.

I will close by stating that this forum is a great place to share your standings in the process and exchange information, just don't explain what an investigator did or didn't do that are specific to your situation.

Again, I wish you all good luck...OUT.

Leave a comment:

• DreamChsr
    replied
    I just spoke with them last week and they said 1-2 weeks, so I'm going to go with the 2 weeks then if nothing by then, I'll follow up

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4750 users online. 338 members and 4412 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X