300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Striker Eureka View Post
    Not to count my chickens before they hatch, but I need to schedule a Lasik appointment, does anyone know the latest date I have to do this by? I read that you have to have had the surgery 6 months prior to the 13th week of academy, when they pepper spray you, any answer would be highly appreciated.
    I waited until after my polygraph was completed before scheduling my surgery. I had my surgery after the poly and prior to the background investigation phase with plenty of margin to the 13th week of the academy. You have plenty of time so there is no rush.

Comment

• Just got home from my oral interview and am very confident in how I did. I came to officer.com and was immediately saddened by the news on of an ambush on two PSP Troopers late last night, one of whom lost their life. My thoughts and prayers are with the injured Trooper as well as the family of both Troopers. The ultimate sacrifice was made, and it is a harsh reminder of what comes along with the job.

Good luck to everyone throughout the interview process.

Comment

• so these interviews are at hotels? How do we find the right room?

Comment

• Originally posted by meta223 View Post
          so these interviews are at hotels? How do we find the right room?
          You will see signs to the waiting area when you get there. You wait there and will be directed to the right place when they're ready for you.

Comment

• Thanks. I'm. But nervous. Hopefully it's a laidback style.

Comment

• Originally posted by meta223 View Post
              Thanks. I'm. But nervous. Hopefully it's a laidback style.
              Its not laid back in the least. However, you are not being interviewed by uniformed brass so that makes it little easier and less intense

Comment

• Originally posted by Striker Eureka View Post
                Not to count my chickens before they hatch, but I need to schedule a Lasik appointment, does anyone know the latest date I have to do this by? I read that you have to have had the surgery 6 months prior to the 13th week of academy, when they pepper spray you, any answer would be highly appreciated.
                I got LASIK a few weeks before my PRT. I had to get PRK lasik because my cornea was too thin. PRK has a longer heal time... I was blurry and out of work for a week or so. Keep that in mind .. get a consultation and research doctors before deciding when to do it. [emoji106] It really is an amazing surgery, I'm 20/20 now with no problems at all.

Comment

• I just finished my oral interview ! God is great!!! That was a piece of cake !

Comment

• Originally posted by MiaBella View Post
                    I just finished my oral interview ! God is great!!! That was a piece of cake !
                    Were all the questions just the scenario based? Did they ask anything personal?

Comment

• Pennsylvania State Police Written Test August 2014

all I can say is that EVERYTHING they ask is common sense ! You answer them as a civilian not a PO which is awesome . Like I said everything is common sense . And your in and out right away

Comment

• Originally posted by MiaBella View Post
                        all I can say is that EVERYTHING they ask is common sense ! You answer them as a civilian not a PO which is awesome . Like I said everything is common sense . And your in and out right away
                        Sounds great, thanks!

Comment

• 10characters
                          Last edited by boredlimodriver; 06-23-2015, 04:40 PM.

Comment

• No problem and like I said don't be nervous at all ! Everything will be great ! They were super nice !

Comment

• Oral Board done. It was very easy. I feel like I did good, but we'll have to wait to see my ranking.

Comment

• Awesome ! I feel the same way. But well see

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4562 users online. 268 members and 4294 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X