300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JAB1724 View Post
    I have mixed feelings on this too, only bc ppls psch/med dates are the beginning of May- and people won't get results until a week after. PSP could give us all a 2 week notification of the academy, but I honestly don't think they would just bc every other academy got a month and a half-month prior notification, we have a lot of stuff you need to buy, and get hemmed if ur short or special order bc ur too tall, etc and u don't even know what u have to order until ur med/psych. And the fact they updated the page 2 weeks ago when they were already so backed up and knew they were way way behind, and didn't pick a different date but kept the normal date- is odd. I hope what boredlimodriver says is true and some of you will get processed for the 143rd- bc most of you seem to have a good head on your shoulders, so I wish you all good luck on those psych/meds.
    That's false. I had less than a week to get my medical packet in before my Med/Psych. About a week after I received notice that I had been appointed to my class. At that point there were 2 weeks (actually just shy of) before the Academy began. That was the case for the majority of my fellow classmates. Hang in there.

Comment

• Pennsylvania State Police Written Test August 2014

10characters
      Last edited by boredlimodriver; 06-23-2015, 09:10 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by P2sig27 View Post
        That's false. I had less than a week to get my medical packet in before my Med/Psych. About a week after I received notice that I had been appointed to my class. At that point there were 2 weeks (actually just shy of) before the Academy began. That was the case for the majority of my fellow classmates. Hang in there.

Well that's crappy on there part bc they specifically state a minimum of 3 weeks they'd let you know ahead of time- and people have jobs that have to put resignations into- and most of them won't be permanent since hnfortunately some people won't make it all the way trough so they might need their past jobs again at some point. I alreay have all my stuff from getting it for the 142nd but still it'll be rough for everyone to get everything that they need in such short notice. It's just unfortunate that's all.

Comment

• SLR, tried to PM you, but you don't have it turned on. You want to caravan out to Hershey on 3 May around 2pm?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Hey guys, I have two questions regarding the med/psych stage. First, can anyone give me a basic overview of what happens on the medical and psychological testing day? Obviously, we will get medically and psychologically tested, but why are we there for 8 hours? Secondly, what percentage of applicants fail the med/psych stage? Thanks.

Comment

• [QUOTE=JAB1724;3637273]It doesn't list that in the initial list of items- it mentions caffeine- which there will be NONEbof at the academy, so those who are hooked on their morning coffee rituals- drop em now. No caffeine- no creatine, andro or ephedrine powders, only 100% whey protein powder is allowed."

One of the more helpful things I've found out. Time to start decaffing my coffee slowly. Glad to hear that weeks in advance!

Comment

• Sorry to get your hopes up guys, no email yet for me.

Comment

• It sure was a quiet day. Maybe HR is saving all the emails for tomorrow so we can all have a fabulous weekend?

Comment

• Check your email ladies and gents! Physical May 11th. It's going to be a good weekend [emoji1]

Comment

10characters
                      Last edited by boredlimodriver; 06-23-2015, 09:10 PM.

Comment

• Good news is I received an email today for processing on May 11. Bad news is a while back I was denied entry into the USMC officer program because of a shot I got to relieve hip pain in 2009 while I was a junior in high school. The officer selection officer told me I could fairly easily receive a pass through an appeal process. I was wondering if anyone has any information on whether or not this will alter my chances of an academy invitation. The hip problem has been gone for years and I played 5 seasons of football since the shot with no pain. Any advice?

Comment

10characters
                          Last edited by boredlimodriver; 06-23-2015, 09:04 PM.

Comment

• Thanks BLD. Hopefully early next week for you.

Comment

• Originally posted by boredlimodriver View Post
                              Congrats on getting your email. Was the shot from a medical doctor? If it was all legal idk why you would be denied employment.

Yes it was legal

Comment

• The end of another week with no word. Maybe I should call them and remind them they forgot to email us. On second thought maybe not

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6216 users online. 319 members and 5897 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X