300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MiaBella View Post
    Hey guys I received the email for the oral interview as well! I am freaking out ! We get to schedule it today at 9am. Do you guys have any tips on the oral interview . This will be my first time going through anything like this !!! [emoji30][emoji28] I schedule my oral exam in Wilkes barre on sept 13!
    Format is not like most police interviews. Key piece of advice is to take your time, there is only about 7 questions and 25 minutes or so. Formulate your answers in coherent and logical order once you read the question. Then formulate a proper and smooth answer, don't be all over the place as to what your course of action would be.
    You are going to be interviewed by suit dressed investigators, which is more relaxing than having brass heavy uniformed troopers grilling you.

Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Nnj84 View Post
      Format is not like most police interviews. Key piece of advice is to take your time, there is only about 7 questions and 25 minutes or so. Formulate your answers in coherent and logical order once you read the question. Then formulate a proper and smooth answer, don't be all over the place as to what your course of action would be.
      You are going to be interviewed by suit dressed investigators, which is more relaxing than having brass heavy uniformed troopers grilling you.

Good luck!
      What kind of things will they ask?

Comment

Originally posted by meta223 View Post
        What kind of things will they ask?
        I cant tell you that since you are not supposed to disclose those specifics. Lets just say questions are straight forward, simple and not necessarily law enforcement related. They are made up in a way so they can see what type of character and person you are.

Comment

Thanks !!!!

Comment

I kind of wish they would give us the written scores prior to oral.

Comment

Originally posted by Striker Eureka View Post
              I kind of wish they would give us the written scores prior to oral.
              Your written score does not change nor it gets affected by interview. Only your overall ranking does. I found out after its all said and done that I went from 52nd in written down to mid 34x overall after interview and military pref.

I admit it would be confidence boosting to know prior though.

Comment

Anyone know how to replace the confirmation notice? My printer messed mine up pretty bad. All the important information is unreadable. I closed out the site when I heard the printer start up before actually seeing the pages printed and now I dont know how to get a new one.

Comment

Originally posted by BucksterR1 View Post
                  Anyone know how to replace the confirmation notice? My printer messed mine up pretty bad. All the important information is unreadable. I closed out the site when I heard the printer start up before actually seeing the pages printed and now I dont know how to get a new one.
                  You won't need the confirmation page. I've never taken it, so no worries

Comment

Thanks paSUBARU. I was really sweating it thinking I would not be allowed to test without it.

Comment

• Are we able to contact hr to request the location for the Pittsburgh testing site? My conformation was messed up as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by boredlimodriver View Post
                        yea. I didn't see it where they said it would be. I'll keep looking.
                        They updated the site and the preparation guide for the oral is now available:

http://www.psp.pa.gov/employment/Pag...x#.VA38bqtdXmE

Comment

• 10characters
                          Last edited by boredlimodriver; 06-23-2015, 04:38 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zac View Post
                            Are we able to contact hr to request the location for the Pittsburgh testing site? My conformation was messed up as well.
                            You can relog into their site to check your testing site.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zac View Post
                              Are we able to contact hr to request the location for the Pittsburgh testing site? My conformation was messed up as well.
                              If you can't find it on the civil service site, go to PSP's site and there is a list of addresses and directions to all testing locations, under the oral exam prep guide.

Comment

• Taking my oral this Sunday. Beyond excited to get the process started. Good luck to all

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4316 users online. 253 members and 4063 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X