X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JAB1724
    replied
    Originally posted by P2sig27 View Post
    That's false. I had less than a week to get my medical packet in before my Med/Psych. About a week after I received notice that I had been appointed to my class. At that point there were 2 weeks (actually just shy of) before the Academy began. That was the case for the majority of my fellow classmates. Hang in there.

Well that's crappy on there part bc they specifically state a minimum of 3 weeks they'd let you know ahead of time- and people have jobs that have to put resignations into- and most of them won't be permanent since hnfortunately some people won't make it all the way trough so they might need their past jobs again at some point. I alreay have all my stuff from getting it for the 142nd but still it'll be rough for everyone to get everything that they need in such short notice. It's just unfortunate that's all.

Leave a comment:

• boredlimodriver
    replied
    Pennsylvania State Police Written Test August 2014

10characters
    Last edited by boredlimodriver; 06-23-2015, 09:10 PM.

Leave a comment:

• P2sig27
    replied
    Originally posted by JAB1724 View Post
    I have mixed feelings on this too, only bc ppls psch/med dates are the beginning of May- and people won't get results until a week after. PSP could give us all a 2 week notification of the academy, but I honestly don't think they would just bc every other academy got a month and a half-month prior notification, we have a lot of stuff you need to buy, and get hemmed if ur short or special order bc ur too tall, etc and u don't even know what u have to order until ur med/psych. And the fact they updated the page 2 weeks ago when they were already so backed up and knew they were way way behind, and didn't pick a different date but kept the normal date- is odd. I hope what boredlimodriver says is true and some of you will get processed for the 143rd- bc most of you seem to have a good head on your shoulders, so I wish you all good luck on those psych/meds.
    That's false. I had less than a week to get my medical packet in before my Med/Psych. About a week after I received notice that I had been appointed to my class. At that point there were 2 weeks (actually just shy of) before the Academy began. That was the case for the majority of my fellow classmates. Hang in there.

Leave a comment:

• LawDawg94
    replied
    Originally posted by Crusader_1 View Post
    I just don't understand how they'll process the med/psychs and give a three week academy notice all within four weeks. We were told at PRT there is a minimum three week notice. I hope you're right but the math simply doesn't work.
    The HR person never said it'll be exactly 3 weeks to me. All the timeline given to us is tentative and they've been off so far. The only thing that matters is the end result, so I'd say prepare as if you're going, so you won't have to make a mad dash. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• JAB1724
    replied
    Originally posted by Crusader_1 View Post
    I just don't understand how they'll process the med/psychs and give a three week academy notice all within four weeks. We were told at PRT there is a minimum three week notice. I hope you're right but the math simply doesn't work.

Sometimes it just doesn't have to make sense for it to happen, the world works in mysyerious ways. But if there's a will- there's a way!

Leave a comment:

• Crusader_1
    replied
    Originally posted by LawDawg94 View Post
    Crusader, those of us who took the Aug 2014 written exam and ranked in the top 600ish are being processed for the Jun 2015 class. We were told of this at our PRT by PSP HR and troopers who were there. Hope this helps.

Leave a comment:

• JAB1724
    replied
    Congrats all!!! :-)

Leave a comment:

• pb968
    replied
    Thx. Got my invite, too.

Leave a comment:

• JAB1724
    replied
    Originally posted by pb968 View Post
    Where do we get the list?

You'll get it at ur med/psych

Leave a comment:

• LawDawg94
    replied
    Got my invite for 5/4/15 as well. Check your email!

Leave a comment:

• pb968
    replied
    Where do we get the list?

Leave a comment:

• JAB1724
    replied
    Originally posted by Godboy View Post
    Speaking in general, my BI mentioned that you can get as little as a week's notice for appt to the academy. Yikes.

Oh I believe they can do whatever they want, obviously by being weeks behind on tentative dates- most academies only give a week to 2 weeks heads up- but u pay towards ur stuff before going in- this scenario u have to buy all ur stuff prior. But there's no way one would get everything they needed in a weeks time- probably why it's never happened before, I mean one probably could but u might go insane haha. So hopefully not this time around either. They even told us in the beginning of January- go home and start buyin ur stuff now bc it's not gonna be easy getting everything. I had over a month and a half to get what I needed, and trust me I needed it. HaHahaha im short and petite so everything has to be tailored when it comes to me. Haha

Leave a comment:

• Godboy
    replied
    Originally posted by JAB1724 View Post
    I have mixed feelings on this too, only bc ppls psch/med dates are the beginning of May- and people won't get results until a week after. PSP could give us all a 2 week notification of the academy, but I honestly don't think they would just bc every other academy got a month and a half-month prior notification, we have a lot of stuff you need to buy, and get hemmed if ur short or special order bc ur too tall, etc and u don't even know what u have to order until ur med/psych. And the fact they updated the page 2 weeks ago when they were already so backed up and knew they were way way behind, and didn't pick a different date but kept the normal date- is odd. I hope what boredlimodriver says is true and some of you will get processed for the 143rd- bc most of you seem to have a good head on your shoulders, so I wish you all good luck on those psych/meds.
    Speaking in general, my BI mentioned that you can get as little as a week's notice for appt to the academy. Yikes.

Leave a comment:

• JAB1724
    replied
    Originally posted by Lovinlife88 View Post
    Dumb question, and I'm sure it will be covered at the med/psych, but what are the rules for having medicine at the academy?? I'm talking about simple things; Tylenol, pepto, etc, over the counter meds... Any insight?

It doesn't list that in the initial list of items- it mentions caffeine- which there will be NONEbof at the academy, so those who are hooked on their morning coffee rituals- drop em now. No caffeine- no creatine, andro or ephedrine powders, only 100% whey protein powder is allowed. Gatorade is prohibited and protein/energy bars are a no go. Granted this was my 142nd academy list. But it's pretty universal for a 3 month difference I'd say. Other then that with the appointment letters there will be more specifics I'm guessing. I'm just happy all of my stuffs already bought haHaha
    Last edited by JAB1724; 04-15-2015, 10:45 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Lovinlife88
    replied
    Dumb question, and I'm sure it will be covered at the med/psych, but what are the rules for having medicine at the academy?? I'm talking about simple things; Tylenol, pepto, etc, over the counter meds... Any insight?

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2917 users online. 132 members and 2785 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X