300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yep. Another week nearly down...

On the bright side, we should hear something in the next 1-2 weeks.

Comment

• Just got call to set up my poly. April 8. For the rest of you waiting. Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by ERangers88 View Post
        Just got call to set up my poly. April 8. For the rest of you waiting. Good luck

April 15 here. Hope the time flies by haha

Comment

• April. wow. I got my call 7 days before my poly lol. Hopefully the month of March is going to be filled with appts for us

Comment

• Originally posted by boredlimodriver View Post
            April. wow. I got my call 7 days before my poly lol. Hopefully the month of March is going to be filled with appts for us
            I got my call three days after the PRT. When I listened to the voicemail I was hoping it would be soon, but of course that wasn't the case.

Comment

• Originally posted by wkit View Post
              I got my call three days after the PRT. When I listened to the voicemail I was hoping it would be soon, but of course that wasn't the case.

I hear ya but I am glad that it's s month away. I need to make sure I get the day off.

Comment

• Hypothetical. Anyone know what would happen if someone fails a portion of the process while already further along? Example: Failing their written test while waiting for their poly results. Would it somehow effect your status of the earlier testing process? I would think no but if someone failed the second polygraph and passed the first I think it may. Im just wondering if there is any risk going through the testing again.

Comment

• Originally posted by BucksterR1 View Post
                  Hypothetical. Anyone know what would happen if someone fails a portion of the process while already further along? Example: Failing their written test while waiting for their poly results. Would it somehow effect your status of the earlier testing process? I would think no but if someone failed the second polygraph and passed the first I think it may. Im just wondering if there is any risk going through the testing again.
                  No. It doesn't hurt to take it again. Each written test forms it's own list. What you do on one has no bearing on the others. Unless you reveal something that is grounds for an auto DQ.

Comment

• So...we know as much now as we did a month ago. As is the usual, back to the waiting game..

Comment

• Hi everyone! I have been lurking on these threads since August and this is kind of hard to post but I feel like I've gotten such great info from all of you that I feel like I have to post now. My husband took the written test in August, had his poly mid December and Saturday we received a disqualification letter. It was dated Feb 24th. My guess is that he passed the poly and the first part of the background investigation was checking basic eligibility requirements. His letter said that he doesn't meet the education requirements or waivers. We were applying based on the 60 credit waiver for having 4 years of military.

He is in the National Guard. The letter didn't list the 4 year option, only the 2 year 30 credit waiver. But their website still clearly states the 60 credit 4 year military waiver. So we need to check with them. Hoping it's a mistake but at the same time I don't feel so hopeful. So anyway, just wanted to let you all know that there is movement happening on their end. If anyone has a phone number we could call that would be really helpful, all I can find is the email address on all the papers we have. No number. Thanks for all the great information up to this point and good luck to you all!

Comment

• (717) 533-9111 this is the phone number to the state police academy.

The credit waiver you are referring to is for 4 years of active duty service only, not the national guard... So unless your husband has active duty time of 4 years he would not qualify for the education waiver. He may have qualified for veterans preference, but that would all have been handled long before the polygraph/BI phase. Infact he should have specified what his education was at the "initial online application". Based on your information, I am very suprised that they did not disqualify him sooner, BC college credits/waivers are all verified at the PRT. He should have received a disqualification letter shortly after taking the PRT stating that he did not have the required credits, as was my situation the first time I went through this process.

My suggestion is for your husband to contact a recruiter directly and reapply, this is just my opinion and every situation is unique and specific to the cadet. So please contact someone "in the know", and do not let this thread discourage you or your husband.
                        Last edited by Lovinlife88; 03-02-2015, 07:28 AM. Reason: spelling error

Comment

• Sorry to hear. At least someone heard something.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lovinlife88 View Post
                            (717) 533-9111 this is the phone number to the state police academy.

The credit waiver you are referring to is for 4 years of active duty service only, not the national guard... So unless your husband has active duty time of 4 years he would not qualify for the education waiver. He may have qualified for veterans preference, but that would all have been handled long before the polygraph/BI phase. Infact he should have specified what his education was at the "initial online application". Based on your information, I am very suprised that they did not disqualify him sooner, BC college credits/waivers are all verified at the PRT. He should have received a disqualification letter shortly after taking the PRT stating that he did not have the required credits, as was my situation the first time I went through this process.

My suggestion is for your husband to contact a recruiter directly and reapply, this is just my opinion and every situation is unique and specific to the cadet. So please contact someone "in the know", and do not let this thread discourage you or your husband.
                            Thanks! I had asked him that question when we started and he said that he had enough active time through deployments and such to make the 4 year mark. So he has always been national guard but he did have active status.

I am also really surprised that it took this long for them to say that he doesn't meet the requirement which is what makes me feel like it has to be a mistake somewhere. We just paid for him to have Lasik done too

Thanks for the kind reply.

Comment

• Originally posted by Soifon View Post
                              Thanks! I had asked him that question when we started and he said that he had enough active time through deployments and such to make the 4 year mark. So he has always been national guard but he did have active status.

I am also really surprised that it took this long for them to say that he doesn't meet the requirement which is what makes me feel like it has to be a mistake somewhere. We just paid for him to have Lasik done too

Thanks for the kind reply.
                              Soifon, that's unfortunate. Whatever the outcome I hope he perseveres through it. Hang in there.

Comment

• Lasik surgery on deck this week! Poly results this week...or nah.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6055 users online. 331 members and 5724 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X