300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by K-9Dream View Post
    Everyone got the handout. I was surprised by how soon they plan to do the oral interviews though.
    I wouldn't count on that. I swear someone mentioned that they will release the grades 4 weeks after the last test is taken, then schedule Oral exams based on the written exam's grades. My guess is some time in Oct-Nov.

Comment

You will not get your written exam score until after oral interviews. Once you complete the interview, you will get a ranking on the eligibility list, which will list your written and interview scores based on how many scored higher/lower than you.

Comment

10characters
        Last edited by boredlimodriver; 06-23-2015, 04:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by boredlimodriver View Post
          I got an email with my ranking a month after the last written exams. I never got to the oral interview. Only the top 1600 or so went on to the orals
          What did you score, if you dont mind me asking?

Comment

10characters
            Last edited by boredlimodriver; 06-23-2015, 04:37 PM.

Comment

No score. Just a ranking. They took the top 1672 rank. I was ranked 1712
              Ah, thanks for the answer.

A thought just occurred to me about BI. I know they check on your families background as well, my (STEP) father has gotten a DUI a few years back. Will that affect me at all, seeing as there is zero blood relations between him and I? I am a first generation immigrant so most of my family is still back in the motherland, leaving only my mother and my half brother here in the States. She only got 1 parking ticket in her life.

Comment

I got an email with my ranking a month after the last written exams. I never got to the oral interview. Only the top 1600 or so went on to the orals

This makes little sense, because to determine overall rank, the combine written and oral. Unless you ranked so low on written that you didnt get an invite for oral.

Comment

Originally posted by Striker Eureka View Post
                  Ah, thanks for the answer.

A thought just occurred to me about BI. I know they check on your families background as well, my (STEP) father has gotten a DUI a few years back. Will that affect me at all, seeing as there is zero blood relations between him and I? I am a first generation immigrant so most of my family is still back in the motherland, leaving only my mother and my half brother here in the States. She only got 1 parking ticket in her life.

Those are not your actions and therefore will have no effect on you even if he was your real father. Key is to disclose everything you are asked to disclose.

Comment

Nnj84 is correct. I just finished my BI 2 weeks ago. My father has an arrest record a mile long, it had no impact on my investigation. They just want you to be honest and disclose everything. If you don't list something, they will find it. The BI's are excellent at what they do.

Comment

I wouldn't count on that. I swear someone mentioned that they will release the grades 4 weeks after the last test is taken, then schedule Oral exams based on the written exam's grades. My guess is some time in Oct-Nov.
                      Like I said, I was surprised to read that optimistic of a time line on that handout. When it comes to these processes I always expect it to take longer than they say it will.

Comment

Does anyone know roughly what academy the August testers are processing for??? The budget was to put 4 academies through, and February 2015 is the fourth one... So I can't imagine there being anymore next year... Thoughts??

Comment

Originally posted by Lovinlife88 View Post
                          The budget was to put 4 academies through
                          I saw that somewhere else as well, but I never saw which budget they were talking about. Do you know which fiscal budget you're referring to? With how low the ranks are right now, I wouldn't be surprised if more academies are scheduled for after February.

My first guess would be the August testers are processing for the February academy, but that would only leave about six months for processing which seems unlikely.

Comment

To answer my own question, looks like the four academies were for the 2014-2015 fiscal year:

http://www.pabudget.com/Display/Site...02.25.2014.pdf

And according to this:

http://ballotpedia.org/Pennsylvania_state_budget

The fiscal year for PA starts July first. So knowing that, it seems like the August, November, and February academies would be numbers 1, 2, and 3 respectively for the 2014-2015 FY. Seems like we could expect to see at least one more class starting before the fiscal year ends in 2015.

Unless I'm misunderstanding something somewhere, which is very possible...
                            Last edited by geiman; 08-20-2014, 08:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by NYPD14AUX View Post
                              No this is for there liquor enforcement bureau, state police exam was in February.
                              They don't have separate tests for each u take it as one and enter academy the same

Comment

So we looking towards some time in September for Oral Exam? All the test should be finished and graded right?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3504 users online. 254 members and 3250 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X