300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Godboy View Post
    Can somebody give me an estimate on how long the polygraph event takes? I want to try and make it to work afterwards.
    Godboy, I took mine poly on 3 Dec and I was there at the barrack at 930 and left there at around 1230. They said typically 2-4 hours depending on how much stuff you have to go over with the examiner. Good luck to you!

Comment

• Originally posted by mjhowell80 View Post
      Got a call from my polygraph examiner today in regards to scheduling my test. Missed the call and didnt get a chance to actually talk to the officer but just letting you guys know.
      No worries. You should get an email from your examiner with a date and time he/she wants to poly you. That's what happened with me. I missed her call then got an email with a date/time.

Comment

• Switched my poly date and time. 12th at 1pm now, Dunmore.

anyone else going there?

Comment

• Pennsylvania State Police Written Test August 2014

Originally posted by Godboy View Post
          Just got the call for my poly. Im not sure where all this talk about the "first 600" is coming from though. Im in the 800's and besides the HR rep never said anything about that at the PRT. He gave me the impression that everyone moving on was on course for the june class. I don't know how that works out logistically, but that's what I took away.
          Maybe they are assuming to take more bc of the dire need for troopers in the next few years them taking more only benefits everybody here

Comment

• Saw many different postings concerning the post PRT process/experience, so I thought I'd write a short summary of my experience of the post PRT process FYSA... I rank in the 180s, took my PRT on 22nd Nov, and my poly on 3 Dec. I missed the call from my examiner, so she followed up with an email with a date/time/address for me to meet her. I got there at 9:20 (10 mins before my poly time) and waited in the lobby until around 9:45 when she came out to meet me. We spent about 1.5 hours going over my poly booklet, background, etc. then she gave me a 15 min break. After my break we sat down and went over each of the poly equipment and the questions she planned on asking me. I started my actual poly around 11:15ish and was done and out of the barrack by 12:30.

She said I'll get notified either way around mid Jan, but I'm hoping sooner if I passed. I can't imagine the head polygraph examiner for PSP would wait for all 600-1000 poly results to come in before he starts to review them. He's most likely reviewing them as they come in for QC and those who passed would be forwarded for BI. those who failed would get a letter informing them of the disqualifying factor(s).

Anyone has similar experience? For those who took the poly, do you think you passed? I felt like I failed, because as she was examining me I recalled something very minor that I thought was unethical, but I didn't recall it until we already started my exam, so I jus rolled with it. This is my 3 time taking a poly, and her body language and something she did differently during our poly from my other polys don't give me much confidence...

Comment

• Originally posted by LawDawg94 View Post
              Saw many different postings concerning the post PRT process/experience, so I thought I'd write a short summary of my experience of the post PRT process FYSA... I rank in the 180s, took my PRT on 22nd Nov, and my poly on 3 Dec. I missed the call from my examiner, so she followed up with an email with a date/time/address for me to meet her. I got there at 9:20 (10 mins before my poly time) and waited in the lobby until around 9:45 when she came out to meet me. We spent about 1.5 hours going over my poly booklet, background, etc. then she gave me a 15 min break. After my break we sat down and went over each of the poly equipment and the questions she planned on asking me. I started my actual poly around 11:15ish and was done and out of the barrack by 12:30.

She said I'll get notified either way around mid Jan, but I'm hoping sooner if I passed. I can't imagine the head polygraph examiner for PSP would wait for all 600-1000 poly results to come in before he starts to review them. He's most likely reviewing them as they come in for QC and those who passed would be forwarded for BI. those who failed would get a letter informing them of the disqualifying factor(s).

Anyone has similar experience? For those who took the poly, do you think you passed? I felt like I failed, because as she was examining me I recalled something very minor that I thought was unethical, but I didn't recall it until we already started my exam, so I jus rolled with it. This is my 3 time taking a poly, and her body language and something she did differently during our poly from my other polys don't give me much confidence...
              Thanks for the post. Did you get DQ'd on those 2 prior occasions that you took the poly? If so, I commend your resiliency. Try not to psych yourself out before you get any news. Perhaps you might be surprised this time around.

Comment

• Originally posted by Godboy View Post
                Thanks for the post. Did you get DQ'd on those 2 prior occasions that you took the poly? If so, I commend your resiliency. Try not to psych yourself out before you get any news. Perhaps you might be surprised this time around.
                I passed both. My first one was for my prior job with the federal government and my second one was for another PD and that PD offered me the job to start it's academy in Feb 2015, but I was hoping I'd be further along in the PSP process, because that's who I want to work for. I'm sure I passed, but my mentality is to always prepare for the worst and hope for the best. This way I can never be disappointed. I'm interested to hear other people's experience. By far, Secret Service has the toughest pre-poly screening process I've been thru. I'm still waiting for its decision whether to poly me or not. Good luck to all!

Comment

• I'm getting nervous. I took and passed my PRT on the 23rd, and I'm ranked in the mid 300's, but I still haven't heard anything about my polygraph.

Comment

• Originally posted by K-9Dream View Post
                    I'm getting nervous. I took and passed my PRT on the 23rd, and I'm ranked in the mid 300's, but I still haven't heard anything about my polygraph.
                    I'm sure its nothing. The Trooper I spoke with said they were stressing to get everyone scheduled. You'll get your call

Comment

• Originally posted by K-9Dream View Post
                      I'm getting nervous. I took and passed my PRT on the 23rd, and I'm ranked in the mid 300's, but I still haven't heard anything about my polygraph.
                      same boat as you man. Just gotta try to wait patiently, easier said than done though.

Comment

• Well I do feel a bit better knowing I'm not the only one that hasn't heard anything. I know they want to get them done by 1-3-15, not much time.
                        Last edited by K-9Dream; 12-06-2014, 10:52 AM.

Comment

• Anyone else get scheduled for their poly? I'm still waiting for a call and hoping it come soon.

Comment

• Will they get to the 1300's?

Comment

• Deleted post
                              Last edited by JAB1724; 04-08-2015, 12:00 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by JAB1724 View Post
                                I fortunately know i passed my poly i took in august. My background investigation is complete just waiting for the notification next week of what the overall outcome is. I wouldn't stress it- they dont decide if pass or fail, their bosses who they send the results too do. Thats why they video tape u- so they can see all aspects as well and judge on that. Dont worry keep ur head up until you know for sure the outcome, goodluck!
                                Thanks JAB1724. I'm sure I passed. She said she already failed 2 people out of the 5 she poly'd before me, so to me it's an immediate notification. I'm just wondering if anyone who took the poly after the Nov PRT received notification on their results or not. It sounds like you took the written exam before the Aug 2014 one, so it's taking a long time for you to go through the process. Good luck to you!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4817 users online. 284 members and 4533 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X