Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks Sudosumoniker! I've been training to the graduation standard as being prior military I've stayed in great shape. I can only hit 15in right now in my vertical leap, so I'm hoping by the time I take my PRT, I'll hit 18in. I did my agility drill just under the allotted time to graduate, but I really want to build a bigger cushion for myself. I ran my 1.5 mile for Pittsburgh PD in 11:27, and 55.67 sec for my 300 meter shuttle so I'm comfortable with those areas. I've been doing lots of body squats and leg press to work on my jump, so hopefully I'll get there. Thanks again for your tips!

Comment

• No worries. There isn't much info out there so I try and pass along what I can/what we're allowed to.

Plyometrics workouts are great for that kind of stuff if you aren't doing them already.

Comment

• I know "one step at a time" but my mind is on the poly and whether it will live up to all the hype. Anyone have thoughts?

Comment

• Originally posted by Godboy View Post
          I know "one step at a time" but my mind is on the poly and whether it will live up to all the hype. Anyone have thoughts?
          Not a big deal it's like a mini background interview all over again as well as simple questions at the end. Be honest try to stay calm and ull be just fine.

Comment

• Originally posted by CJR121 View Post
            Got mine! November 22, good luck men and women. Ranked 17#.
            I guess I'll be seeing you at Mt. Pleasant H.S. Good Luck!

Comment

• Does anyone know what exactly we'll be doing on the date we actually report? It says we'll be there for 8 hours, so I can't imagine we'll take more than 4 hours to test everyone's fitness level. I know we'll have pre-poly screening as well, so aside from those two events, are we doing anything else? To me, drug testing could be done that day as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Godboy View Post
                I know "one step at a time" but my mind is on the poly and whether it will live up to all the hype. Anyone have thoughts?
                Godboy, my poly with Pittsburgh PD to include pre-screening took about 4 hours. The actual test wasn't too long or bad, so the pre-screening took awhile. The U.S. Secret Service poly pre-screening by far is the toughest one I had to experience. I'm still waiting for USSS to either give me the thumbs up or down for my actual poly since I've done things I'm not proud of. My recommendation for those who'd done drugs in the past, that's the majority of the poly failure, because people were either too scared/embarrased to disclose their history of drug use. You might as well be honest about it and see where the chips fall. Best of luck to all those who's advancing in this first round!

Comment

• Originally posted by LawDawg94 View Post
                  Does anyone know what exactly we'll be doing on the date we actually report? It says we'll be there for 8 hours, so I can't imagine we'll take more than 4 hours to test everyone's fitness level. I know we'll have pre-poly screening as well, so aside from those two events, are we doing anything else? To me, drug testing could be done that day as well.
                  From what I remember ur gonna do ur physical then sit around and wait, then ur gonna complete the pre polygraph booklet and wait some more to have there representatives go over it with you to check for immediate Dqs then u go home done.

Comment

• Originally posted by LawDawg94 View Post
                    Does anyone know what exactly we'll be doing on the date we actually report? It says we'll be there for 8 hours, so I can't imagine we'll take more than 4 hours to test everyone's fitness level. I know we'll have pre-poly screening as well, so aside from those two events, are we doing anything else? To me, drug testing could be done that day as well.
                    The order of events may differ from location to location, but what you do should be the same everywhere. At ours in Hershey, we first turned in the background packet. Then we did the PRT test which does take a bit of time depending on how many applicants there are at your location. They broke us up into groups for the 1.5 mile run depending on how fast you said you could run, but pretty much every group ended up taking the ~18 minutes because of stragglers. So time adds up pretty quickly there. If its a cold and windy day, make sure you dress for it.

After the PRT you do the pre-poly screening which takes quite a while as well. How long it takes you will probably depend on your history. I'm fairly young and have stayed out of trouble, so it was pretty quick for me. After you've filled out everything you still need to wait for the staff to go over everything and make sure you didn't make any mistakes. You leave once they say you're good to go. It could take 8 hours, but it may take you less.

With that being said, if you read through some of the older threads you'll see where other groups in the past were split up; half took the PRT while the rest did the pre-poly, then switched. I can see that taking longer if you have to wait for everyone in your group to finish the pre-poly before doing the PRT.

Comment

• Originally posted by sudosumoniker View Post
                      The order of events may differ from location to location, but what you do should be the same everywhere. At ours in Hershey, we first turned in the background packet. Then we did the PRT test which does take a bit of time depending on how many applicants there are at your location. They broke us up into groups for the 1.5 mile run depending on how fast you said you could run, but pretty much every group ended up taking the ~18 minutes because of stragglers. So time adds up pretty quickly there. If its a cold and windy day, make sure you dress for it.

After the PRT you do the pre-poly screening which takes quite a while as well. How long it takes you will probably depend on your history. I'm fairly young and have stayed out of trouble, so it was pretty quick for me. After you've filled out everything you still need to wait for the staff to go over everything and make sure you didn't make any mistakes. You leave once they say you're good to go. It could take 8 hours, but it may take you less.

With that being said, if you read through some of the older threads you'll see where other groups in the past were split up; half took the PRT while the rest did the pre-poly, then switched. I can see that taking longer if you have to wait for everyone in your group to finish the pre-poly before doing the PRT.

Comment

• Thanks for the ino Suds..new to this typing thing..Good luck to all the men and women.

Comment

• Deleted post
                          Last edited by JAB1724; 04-07-2015, 11:35 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by JAB1724 View Post
                            the process itself- is pretty quick, I did my written in jan, my prt in july, poly in august (passed)- mind you- you will only be contacted be letter/phone shortly afterwards if you fail but you will get a phone call 3 weeks afterwards from you BI if you pass. its a weird way they do it, & just last week my BI was conducted and completed and I hear next month if the screening panel passes my background information presented to them. Then all I have left is the psych/medical which my investigator said is simple and u don't have to do a follow up on after it, its just a pass/fail for the psych. then around January I should be getting my appointment letter for the academy in February! soooo on that noteeeee .::fingers crossed::.
                            When was your Oral Exam?

Comment

• Originally posted by JAB1724 View Post
                              the process itself- is pretty quick, I did my written in jan, my prt in july, poly in august (passed)- mind you- you will only be contacted be letter/phone shortly afterwards if you fail but you will get a phone call 3 weeks afterwards from you BI if you pass. its a weird way they do it, & just last week my BI was conducted and completed and I hear next month if the screening panel passes my background information presented to them. Then all I have left is the psych/medical which my investigator said is simple and u don't have to do a follow up on after it, its just a pass/fail for the psych. then around January I should be getting my appointment letter for the academy in February! soooo on that noteeeee .::fingers crossed::.
                              The psych has a follow up with a psychologist if it is found that u need one, they contact you by email with in a week after ur med/psych date. Not a huge deal only know of one person who our group for class 141 lost due to the follow up.

Comment

• Originally posted by BWA81 View Post
                                When was your Oral Exam?
                                september

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3888 users online. 278 members and 3610 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X