Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pennsylvania State Police Written Test August 2014

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I was #36*

    Comment


    • Damn...got my invite again This time on the 24 Nov. wow...Va preference pts really do make a differences. #1667 to readjusted 305.5 probably pushed everyone down a slot. Sorry guys... Keeping fingers crossed. PT is the easy part....more worried about the next step.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Asa2828 View Post
        Damn...got my invite again This time on the 24 Nov. wow...Va preference pts really do make a differences. #1667 to readjusted 305.5 probably pushed everyone down a slot. Sorry guys... Keeping fingers crossed. PT is the easy part....more worried about the next step.
        Wow, now that's an impressive adjustment.

        Comment


        • Hitting a wall here. Called my college, which I haven't attended in 8+ years trying to get the names of 2 professors. They told me to call the depts. Called the depts, no help. What am I gonna do?!

          Comment


          • Originally posted by boredlimodriver View Post
            Hitting a wall here. Called my college, which I haven't attended in 8+ years trying to get the names of 2 professors. They told me to call the depts. Called the depts, no help. What am I gonna do?!
            Are your professors names not listed on your transcripts?

            Comment


            • Originally posted by sudosumoniker View Post
              Are your professors names not listed on your transcripts?
              Nope. Just the class like BIO 101. No names listed. I wish it was that easy. I know one because he taught CRJ and I had him for a couple classes. Don't remember any others

              Comment


              • Originally posted by boredlimodriver View Post
                Nope. Just the class like BIO 101. No names listed. I wish it was that easy. I know one because he taught CRJ and I had him for a couple classes. Don't remember any others
                That bites. I'm sure they have records, that really isn't that long ago. Might just have to call back and be more persistent. Someone can look it up, just need to get them on the phone and get them to do their job.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by sudosumoniker View Post
                  That bites. I'm sure they have records, that really isn't that long ago. Might just have to call back and be more persistent. Someone can look it up, just need to get them on the phone and get them to do their job.
                  I'm waiting for a call back from one person, she's "looking into it". Crossing my fingers

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by boredlimodriver View Post
                    Nope. Just the class like BIO 101. No names listed. I wish it was that easy. I know one because he taught CRJ and I had him for a couple classes. Don't remember any others
                    Try the College Website and see if you can find the "Employee Directory". Maybe that will jog your memory on who your instructors were?

                    Comment


                    • Just got a call back from the woman, she gave me two names of Professors I had. Crisis averted! lol. Thanks guys

                      Comment


                      • Nothing yet, probably gonna be awhile. Signed up for the next test, now that I know how the Oral Exam rolls. I am DEFINITELY NOT goofing it up again lol.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Striker Eureka View Post
                          Nothing yet, probably gonna be awhile. Signed up for the next test, now that I know how the Oral Exam rolls. I am DEFINITELY NOT goofing it up again lol.

                          Last test they called the second group for prt about 6 months after they took written/ oral. I'm personally hoping to hear something around February. Maybe potential academy of July august area. Keep your heads up if you didn't make this round.

                          Comment


                          • Got my invite for 22 Nov at 0730 with a ranking of #18*. Excited, yet nervous. I've been training for a bit, and the only parts I worry about are the agility drill and vertical jump. Anyone else? What are you most concerned about and what are you doing to work on that?

                            Comment


                            • To put your mind at ease, look up the requirements and try the drills out at home. The jump is very easy unless you're "gravitationally" challenged. Put a piece of tape on a wall at the height you need to reach and see if you can touch it. The agility test was the only thing I wasn't sure of as well, but they actually give you much more time than you need. I slipped trying to turn around after the first sprint down the line and I still finished in plenty of time.

                              The most important part (at least in my opinion) is not embarrassing yourself during the 1.5 mile run. It's sad how many people struggled with trying to run it in less than 18 minutes.

                              Make sure you get there early, keep your eyes and ears open and your mouth closed and you'll do great. Stay in your car until they tell you to get out. Good luck everyone, hope you all do well.

                              Comment


                              • Just rescheduled for the 26th. Who else has that date?

                                Also, I hit a higher vertical jump than they require for another LEO test. The only thing I never tried is the agility run. I'm going to set up some wiffle balls in the backyard and run around them

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 4659 users online. 289 members and 4370 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X