Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Signed up earlier this morning. Reporting on August 9th at 11:00 a.m in Harrisburg. Good luck to you all!

Comment

Im from NY so i Dont know much about PA LE so i got some questions. how does this test differ from lets say NYS troopers or nypd test? how long after test does it usually take to get hired? how long is the process? and do they give preference to PA Residents. Im signed up for Scranton aug 5th at 0830

Comment

I took both so I can offer some insight. Pa test is done at a career center and on a computer, its approx 200 questions and its different from ny in the aspect of amount of questions with deductive reasoning and unusual section with geometrical shapes. Ny test had 48 test questions and 250ish personality and life expiriences questions. Pa had as many test questions, then some map reading questions, etc and also the life and personality questions. You can wear whatever you want( dont be a bum though) and its non le vibe.

Expect to dedicate about one year or more from written test until appointment letter. I took mine in January, ranked very well and now im waiting for polygraph scores and hopefully background

Comment

Originally posted by Differ View Post
          Im from NY so i Dont know much about PA LE so i got some questions. how does this test differ from lets say NYS troopers or nypd test? how long after test does it usually take to get hired? how long is the process? and do they give preference to PA Residents. Im signed up for Scranton aug 5th at 0830
          I found most tests are very similar in format. Right now, if you test well throughout the process, you could be in the academy in less than a year from testing. Class size is the big factor, bigger classes, faster processing. No preference as per residency(to my knowledge), but you will need to move prior to starting academy and get a PA license. Right now they are attempting to prepare for a large retirement of current members so it is a good time to be testing IMO.

Comment

Hey guys, I tried to select an exam location and date, and every location reads no dates available. Is this a glitch or are all the test locations and dates booked?

Thanks

Comment

yea i noticed that too. I was trying to reschedule and there where no dates available

Comment

What is top pay as pa trooper?

Comment

Starting 58k
                  Five years in 70k
                  25 yrs in 89k

Thats only for trooper rank, no differential pay, ot or else

Comment

Just tried again, same result, every location gives me no dates available. I will call tomorrow but does anyone have any info on here if they actually did book all of their exam locations?

Comment

Originally posted by Smith010 View Post
                      Just tried again, same result, every location gives me no dates available. I will call tomorrow but does anyone have any info on here if they actually did book all of their exam locations?
                      They are probably all booked. Some facilities are small and only have 20 computers. I have tested before when they overbook and you have to wait for a few hours.
                      Keep checking, though, because someone may cancel or reschedule an exam. Some testing centers allow walk-ins as well in case someone doesn't show up.

Comment

How are you guys preparing for this test?

Comment

10characters
                          Last edited by boredlimodriver; 06-23-2015, 03:21 PM.

Comment

10characters
                            Last edited by boredlimodriver; 06-23-2015, 03:21 PM.

Comment

Whats the dress code, should I come clean shaven?

Comment

Originally posted by Striker Eureka View Post
                                Whats the dress code, should I come clean shaven?
                                You're only interacting with employees at the testing center, so you won't see any PSP personnel that day (at least that's how it was in Harrisburg). People were in anything from sweat pants to suits.

That being said, I wore dress clothes.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6143 users online. 333 members and 5810 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X