Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just received my rank yesterday. Any clue on when we will know if we are invited to the PRT or how many people they are inviting to the November test?

Comment

• Why do these threads all die after the academy starts? I'd like to hear from the people who are in there about how things are. Seems like day 1, they never post again

Comment

• Originally posted by boredlimodriver View Post
        Why do these threads all die after the academy starts? I'd like to hear from the people who are in there about how things are. Seems like day 1, they never post again
        While in the academy you do not have access to the Internet. You have limited access to your phone after a few weeks. You are kept very busy during the academy. So that is why people stop posting...they don't have time!! I believe someone stated that they don't even give you "time to wipe your a**"

Comment

• Originally posted by krower89 View Post
          While in the academy you do not have access to the Internet. You have limited access to your phone after a few weeks. You are kept very busy during the academy. So that is why people stop posting...they don't have time!! I believe someone stated that they don't even give you "time to wipe your a**"
          Weekends though? lol. Already had a discussion with my wife about traveling back to LI every weekend I am allowed.

Comment

Weekends though? lol. Already had a discussion with my wife about traveling back to LI every weekend I am allowed.
            No you will definitely not go home every week. If you pass everything you may get to go home every other week after the first month or so. However everyone is assigned duty every other weekend and if you fail a run or inspection etc, you do not get to go home.

Comment

• Trust me if you make it through the entire process you will have a very clear picture of what to expect. They are brutally up front with you on that subject and they make it very clear that weekends off are a privilege that is earned. When and if I ever get a weekend off, I suspect that I will be spending that short time catching up on rest and catching up on missed time with family.

Comment

• FTR, i'll be fine with that. My wife will have to adjust to being alone so much with our two girls though. it'll be tough, but worth it for sure.

Comment

FTR, i'll be fine with that. My wife will have to adjust to being alone so much with our two girls though. it'll be tough, but worth it for sure.
                  Same boat. Agreed. Im grateful for a supportive wife.

Comment

• I just got another email invite to an Oral Exam between 21 - 25 Nov. I'm confused. Isn't PRT the next step? Anyone else got the same email?

Comment

• The email you received is for LEO oral exam.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lovinlife88 View Post
                        The email you received is for LEO oral exam.
                        Thanks Lovinlife88! Hard to read on my iPhone. Do I have to attend this even though I don't want to be a liquor enforcement officer?

Comment

• No you do not have to apply. You must have applied for it initially and that's why you are receiving the invitation. But it will not affect your ranking as a trooper candidate if you do not apply.

Comment

• Received email as well today for LEO oral exam. I guess they did Trooper interviews 1st (which is why I didn't rec email due to not applying to that) and now LEO interviews. Kind of caught me off guard today because I thought I was done, but guess not. I knew I did well on the written. Looks like I'm still in the running!

Comment

• Does anyone know what counts as a relative for the references in the application? For example does my wifes cousin counts as a relative or does relative mean blood related/ immediate family?

Comment

• Originally posted by BucksterR1 View Post
                                Does anyone know what counts as a relative for the references in the application? For example does my wifes cousin counts as a relative or does relative mean blood related/ immediate family?
                                If you're related to them at all I wouldn't use them, but that's just me.

And I'd be ready with extra references; several of us needed to provide additional ones because our investigator was having trouble getting in touch with some of our references.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3790 users online. 262 members and 3528 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X