Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm currently waiting for the packet to go into this November class, my experience with this process was that you will be contacted based on rank to ur PRT, first wave will be around 500 the booklet will be handed in and background will start with polygraph being next. If you get an invitation to attend a PRT ur in good shape from that point on you can only get dq'd (and many will) and not cut from the list and once the first group goes to the poly next group will get PRT notice. A safe bet is if you don't get to PRT portion of the process by the next psp written test you will most likely be cut off the list. If your in the top 500 your in great shape since getting to the physical is pretty much a guarantee. This is how I remember it this past year. It's a long process of many hurry up and wait months. Good luck guys.

Comment

• Originally posted by EMR903JM View Post
      And also many people are recieving letters for the 141 class and they took this test too. So on top of all these people you have people entering into the academy who affect your ranking. I'm not highly ranked myself but until they say you are disqualified. You still have a chance. Hope for the best
      Yep, exactly. I'm fortunate enough to be one of those people, so my spot is open now and of course several others are as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by MiaBella View Post
        Good question that's the same one I have . How do we now if we are going to be invited to the PRT
        I don't think there is any set number, it probably depends on how many cadets they are looking to hire, how many they can physically process, etc..

For our process, they actually pulled two groups from our list for the PRT. There was the first PRT in April (I believe), and a second in either June or July. Those of us at the first PRT are now waiting on or have received letters of appointment (for the most part), the second group is currently going through or waiting to be called for the background investigation.

So don't lose hope even if you aren't selected for the first PRT, you could be selected for another one. And don't forget a new application period has opened up, so if you want to take the written again make sure you submit another application.

Comment

• Originally posted by Striker Eureka View Post
          Man I really goofed on my Oral Exam.
          Written scored better than 2045
          Oral scored better than 159
          Overall rank 1800+, guess I am not making it.
          I did the same thing, except I was ranked lower and I'm scheduled to go into the November academy. It has been two long years for me. Until you get the DQ letter you are still in it, although you should reapply for the next batch of applicants, just in case. I didn't know that was possible or I would have done that.

Comment

• Well guys...got my rank again for the third time. Its seem to get worst every time. 88, 265,& 1667. maybe third time the charm...btw, they also forgot to add my VA preference pts. I emailed HR about the error, so hopefully their re-evaluate it and I'll get to move up a couple slots. Definitely the Oral bone me this time around. I felt the Oral is biased somewhat and also based on the evaluators on whatever they like your answers or not. That's how I see it. I know I did well in the first two orals. Felt like I did the same for the third, too. But the end results was way worst. Well can't do anything about that but wait till I get the invite for PFT. I don't feel very confident about this process either. Its been a long two years. Basically felt like I'm going through the motion ... Anyways, Good Luck to those who advances

Comment

• Does anyone know if PSP is using SCSC's website again to schedule the next step in the process? I logged on to my SCSC's profile and the schedule exam option is there again and it closes on 25 Nov 14. However, it still says Oral Exam, rather than PRT. It wasn't there when I checked it yesterday. If anyone wants to know if s/he will be invited for the Nov PRT, the SCSC website might give you an indication what the cutoff number is for PRT.

Comment

• Last time they just sent a letter telling you what day you are scheduled. You do not get to schedule it yourself.

Comment

• Originally posted by LawDawg94 View Post
                  Does anyone know if PSP is using SCSC's website again to schedule the next step in the process? I logged on to my SCSC's profile and the schedule exam option is there again and it closes on 25 Nov 14. However, it still says Oral Exam, rather than PRT. It wasn't there when I checked it yesterday. If anyone wants to know if s/he will be invited for the Nov PRT, the SCSC website might give you an indication what the cutoff number is for PRT.
                  Interesting, I noticed that too.
                  Last edited by kawninja1200; 10-23-2014, 12:54 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by krower89 View Post
                    Last time they just sent a letter telling you what day you are scheduled. You do not get to schedule it yourself.
                    Thanks Krower89. Did you mean email or an actual letter? This way I can BOLO for it.

Comment

• Originally posted by LawDawg94 View Post
                      Thanks Krower89. Did you mean email or an actual letter? This way I can BOLO for it.
                      I received a packet in the mail with the background packet. Since they already have those out at the oral this round idk of they will still use snail mail or if they will use email

Comment

• Delete
                        Delete
                        Delete
                        Delete
                        Last edited by jayjay123; 10-23-2014, 01:33 PM. Reason: error

Comment

• I'm curious to find out what class we are testing for. According to the 141 class (starting in November), there is a rumor that the February class may have been cancelled. So, I originally assumed we would be testing for a late May or June class, and the next testing group would be testing for a July or August class... But, if the rumor is true, and the February class is cancelled, who knows... Because the people who took the written test in January 2014 would have been testing for the February class.

Comment

• Originally posted by Murray88 View Post
                            I'm curious to find out what class we are testing for. According to the 141 class (starting in November), there is a rumor that the February class may have been cancelled. So, I originally assumed we would be testing for a late May or June class, and the next testing group would be testing for a July or August class... But, if the rumor is true, and the February class is cancelled, who knows... Because the people who took the written test in January 2014 would have been testing for the February class.
                            You'll get a timeline at the PRT with tentative dates for every step of the process.

Comment

• Originally posted by Murray88 View Post
                              I'm curious to find out what class we are testing for. According to the 141 class (starting in November), there is a rumor that the February class may have been cancelled. So, I originally assumed we would be testing for a late May or June class, and the next testing group would be testing for a July or August class... But, if the rumor is true, and the February class is cancelled, who knows... Because the people who took the written test in January 2014 would have been testing for the February class.
                              Not quite. The first group pulled from the January 2014 written were/are processing for the November class, such as myself.

Others from that written took a later PRT in June or July and are most likely processing for the next academy whether it be Feb. or later.

Comment

• Originally posted by sudosumoniker View Post
                                Not quite. The first group pulled from the January 2014 written were/are processing for the November class, such as myself.

Others from that written took a later PRT in June or July and are most likely processing for the next academy whether it be Feb. or later.
                                Oh ok.
                                Last edited by Murray88; 03-15-2015, 08:37 AM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3782 users online. 259 members and 3523 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X