Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LawDawg94
    replied
    Dream, that's brutal. I took my follow up on 16 Jan and my BI is almost done. Can you call HR again?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Agent25
    replied
    Originally posted by AnotherRun23 View Post
    Pretty ignorant comment, I am pretty sure on this forum , people have disclosed things that they were not suppose to due to signing that. I think the anxiety of waiting all this time, it's only natural to ask questions and sometimes people tend to share more than what they are suppose to by signing that non disclosure.

To be honest, everything is situational and that is why the whole process is messed up. You have so many different polygraphers that one may think something that you did in your past is bad, and dwell on that. While another one may say he was young, it wasn't an auto dq, so he is fine. Oral Exams is up to the 2 people grading you, and when it comes down it , those 2 people could grade completing different than 2 others and you present your oral exam the same way. Another flaw, Background investigators all have their personal beliefs which is fine, (examples religion, moral questions, etc..) but they use it to judge the people coming in. One background investigator may not like you because you did something morally wrong while another one may let it go and pass you.

The bottom line is that the whole system is "messed up." They want to hire individuals but yet won't hire you because you have a minor mess up,(that happen 20 years ago, 10 years ago) that's why only about 35 percent of people make it from start to finish because they want to pick out every little thing from your record. I am still in the process, if i make it or not, i know one thing. I know there are good, solid candidates that were passed over because of ignorance of the system. I also know just because I pass or anyone else does, doesn't mean I or anyone else was perfect. We were just lucky.

I appreciate someone that speaks their mind and what they believe to be true.
    Last edited by Agent25; 09-16-2015, 02:16 PM. Reason: Y

Leave a comment:

• AnotherRun23
    replied
    Originally posted by DAMAGE INC View Post
    The fact that you signed a non-disclosure agreement stating that you agreed not to discuss ANY part of the selection process, and then you post details of your polygraph examination on an open public forum, tells me a lot about your maturity and character. I know you're just looking for answers, but the truth is everyone's situation is different and you WILL NOT find answers that are specific to you from anyone on this forum.

Good luck in your endeavors.
    Pretty ignorant comment, I am pretty sure on this forum , people have disclosed things that they were not suppose to due to signing that. I think the anxiety of waiting all this time, it's only natural to ask questions and sometimes people tend to share more than what they are suppose to by signing that non disclosure.

To be honest, everything is situational and that is why the whole process is messed up. You have so many different polygraphers that one may think something that you did in your past is bad, and dwell on that. While another one may say he was young, it wasn't an auto dq, so he is fine. Oral Exams is up to the 2 people grading you, and when it comes down it , those 2 people could grade completing different than 2 others and you present your oral exam the same way. Another flaw, Background investigators all have their personal beliefs which is fine, (examples religion, moral questions, etc..) but they use it to judge the people coming in. One background investigator may not like you because you did something morally wrong while another one may let it go and pass you.

The bottom line is that the whole system is "messed up." They want to hire individuals but yet won't hire you because you have a minor mess up,(that happen 20 years ago, 10 years ago) that's why only about 35 percent of people make it from start to finish because they want to pick out every little thing from your record. I am still in the process, if i make it or not, i know one thing. I know there are good, solid candidates that were passed over because of ignorance of the system. I also know just because I pass or anyone else does, doesn't mean I or anyone else was perfect. We were just lucky.

Leave a comment:

• boredlimodriver
    replied
    Originally posted by DreamChsr View Post
    Off topic here, but a trooper at my Oral Boards last weekend said if you want a glimpse or close example of Academy life to youtube Rhode Island State Police Academy. The local news up there covered it
    I watched some videos from the Florida Highway Patrol Academy on youtube. Good stuff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• DAMAGE INC
    replied
    Originally posted by b525 View Post
    Mine was pretty intense. As soon as we were finished he questioned my omission and drug use part of the exam. I told him I was not leaving anything out and that I had disclosed all drug use in my packet.

He then said, we'll I'm showing some reactions to the question. He asked if my usage of marijuana had been more than 10 times. I replied, it may have been. It was almost 10 years ago, I didn't count how many times I did it. I'm wondering if changing my answer slightly may have hurt me, even If i did say it may have been a few more times.

He left the room, came back in and said ok we're done for the day.

Any insight guys?
    The fact that you signed a non-disclosure agreement stating that you agreed not to discuss ANY part of the selection process, and then you post details of your polygraph examination on an open public forum, tells me a lot about your maturity and character. I know you're just looking for answers, but the truth is everyone's situation is different and you WILL NOT find answers that are specific to you from anyone on this forum.

Good luck in your endeavors.

Leave a comment:

• DreamChsr
    replied
    Off topic here, but a trooper at my Oral Boards last weekend said if you want a glimpse or close example of Academy life to youtube Rhode Island State Police Academy. The local news up there covered it

Leave a comment:

• Murray88
    replied
    Don't stress it. I fully believe that the poly examiners try to mess with you as much as they can. I left mine feeling like I completely bombed it just judging by the examiner's mannerisms... and I did just fine. Try to maintain your sanity in the meantime, because it may be a long wait!

Leave a comment:

• boredlimodriver
    replied
    Originally posted by DreamChsr View Post
    B525, I'm not too sure how to take that experience. I know the experiences that I've had, they've never left the room unless we were given an opportunity to use the restroom, etc. All I can say is that there's nothing you can do about it, and being 100% honest is the biggest key. I've been asked follow up questions before and just answered them straight up.

Don't take those dates they give as being literal, just like Godboy said, because I spoke with HR last week and they are behind...

Going on 3 months and counting - WOO!
    DC, took me 3 months to hear back after my poly. be positive!

Leave a comment:

• DreamChsr
    replied
    B525, I'm not too sure how to take that experience. I know the experiences that I've had, they've never left the room unless we were given an opportunity to use the restroom, etc. All I can say is that there's nothing you can do about it, and being 100% honest is the biggest key. I've been asked follow up questions before and just answered them straight up.

Don't take those dates they give as being literal, just like Godboy said, because I spoke with HR last week and they are behind...

Going on 3 months and counting - WOO!

Leave a comment:

• boredlimodriver
    replied
    Mine was pretty intense. As soon as we were finished he questioned my omission and drug use part of the exam. I told him I was not leaving anything out and that I had disclosed all drug use in my packet.

He then said, we'll I'm showing some reactions to the question. He asked if my usage of marijuana had been more than 10 times. I replied, it may have been. It was almost 10 years ago, I didn't count how many times I did it. I'm wondering if changing my answer slightly may have hurt me, even If i did say it may have been a few more times.

He left the room, came back in and said ok we're done for the day.

Any insight guys?
    I'm not gonna lie man. That doesn't sound very good. Mine (probably the same guy you had actually) never left the room.

Leave a comment:

• b525
    replied
    Do they contact you via mail or email after the poly?
    Last edited by b525; 04-01-2015, 12:58 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Godboy
    replied
    I hear ya @Godboy, the waiting game is just brutal!My examiner said a few weeks, so we'll see. How did your poly go?
    When they say "tentative date" believe them.

My poly went well, I guess. I passed, thank God.

Leave a comment:

• b525
    replied
    Oh man! My examiner did tell me they are running weeks behind schedule due to the volume of applicants taking the exam, if that helps!

Leave a comment:

• DreamChsr
    replied
    I took mine the first week of January and still haven't heard a word.

Not sure if this is the norm, but if it is, I hope you're patient!

Leave a comment:

• b525
    replied
    Hey guys,

How long until you heard after your poly? I took mine yesterday in Dunmore, back to the waiting game!
    Originally posted by Godboy View Post
    B525, let's just say some of us are still recovering from the wait. Hope you fair better than us.
    I hear ya @Godboy, the waiting game is just brutal!My examiner said a few weeks, so we'll see. How did your poly go?

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5823 users online. 364 members and 5459 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X