300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pennsylvania State Police Written Test August 2014

I am waiting for the email on July 11th to schedule my written test in August. Does anyone have any hints or recommendations for the written and oral board questions? And is anyone else taking the test in August?

I signed up but I'm about to start somewhere on that date so I prob won't be there

Comment

Originally posted by Djcnj43 View Post
      I am waiting for the email on July 11th to schedule my written test in August. Does anyone have any hints or recommendations for the written and oral board questions? And is anyone else taking the test in August?
      Written test is done on a computer at a cereer center. There is about 200 questions or so, 50ish of which are scenario/deductive .Oral boards are 7 questions and 25 minutes time limit. You answer in front of two detectives/recruiters. Questions are very straight forward and you must answer them from a civilian point of view and reasoning.

Comment

You sure this is for state police and not liquor enforcement?

Comment

Originally posted by NYPD14AUX View Post
          You sure this is for state police and not liquor enforcement?
          "The Pennsylvania State Police (PSP) entry-level law enforcement examination"
          I am assuming its for State Police. I signed up for aug 5th Lock Haven location.

Comment

Originally posted by Striker Eureka View Post
            "The Pennsylvania State Police (PSP) entry-level law enforcement examination"
            I am assuming its for State Police. I signed up for aug 5th Lock Haven location.
            No this is for there liquor enforcement bureau, state police exam was in February.

Comment

Read the description of the test you signed up for again. It clearly states that it is for both:

“2014-052 PA State Police Cadet and Liquor Enforcement Officer Trainee”

Comment

Originally posted by geiman View Post
                Read the description of the test you signed up for again. It clearly states that it is for both:

“2014-052 PA State Police Cadet and Liquor Enforcement Officer Trainee”
                Yes, that is correct, if it was for state trooper it would be called state trooper trainee.

Comment

Yes, that is correct, if it was for state trooper it would be called state trooper trainee.
                  I think you're misunderstanding. The written test in August is what you want to take if you are either trying to become a Trooper OR enter the LEOT program.

Before you become a Trooper, you are hired as a Cadet. From the PSP site:

The Pennsylvania State Police (PSP) entry-level law enforcement examination for the positions of Cadet and Liquor Enforcement Officer Trainee (LEOT) will be administered by the Pennsylvania State Civil Service Commission (SCSC) at its computer-based testing centers between August 4, 2014 and August 23, 2014.

Notice they say the test is for both Cadet (ie PSP Trooper) AND LEO Trainee.

Comment

If I understand this correctly, according to the PSP website, in order to become a Trooper you first have to go through cadet training. Which I am assuming is this August test is?

Comment

Originally posted by Striker Eureka View Post
                      If I understand this correctly, according to the PSP website, in order to become a Trooper you first have to go through cadet training. Which I am assuming is this August test is?
                      Correct. It is for both Cadet and LEOT applicants.

Comment

Originally posted by geiman View Post
                        I think you're misunderstanding. The written test in August is what you want to take if you are either trying to become a Trooper OR enter the LEOT program.

Before you become a Trooper, you are hired as a Cadet. From the PSP site:

The Pennsylvania State Police (PSP) entry-level law enforcement examination for the positions of Cadet and Liquor Enforcement Officer Trainee (LEOT) will be administered by the Pennsylvania State Civil Service Commission (SCSC) at its computer-based testing centers between August 4, 2014 and August 23, 2014.

Notice they say the test is for both Cadet (ie PSP Trooper) AND LEO Trainee.
                        Youre right, I was confused by the announcement. When I signed up for the state trooper exam last year, I did not have to sign up for the cadet test thats why I thought it was something different. I remember signing up for an announcement stating state trooper trainee.

Comment

Scheduled for 8-8-14 @ Pittsburgh location 1300

Comment

Youre right, I was confused by the announcement. When I signed up for the state trooper exam last year, I did not have to sign up for the cadet test thats why I thought it was something different. I remember signing up for an announcement stating state trooper trainee.
                            No worries, just wanted to make sure everyone gets signed up for the test they need to take.

Comment

Good Afternoon all,

Signed up for the test this morning. Scheduled for August 9th @ 1315HRS. Time to study! Good luck to everyone!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6495 users online. 366 members and 6129 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X