Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So whos got Philly's physical fitness and reading test this Saturday?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So whos got Philly's physical fitness and reading test this Saturday?

im pretty excited to finally have a job i kind of want call me up. Im more into NYPD, but if I get into Philly and like it, theres a good chance I stay closer to my family.

Anyways, dont think Ill pass the polygraph....Ive done too much in my past, although it is Philly!

Originally posted by MrAmazing81 View Post
    im pretty excited to finally have a job i kind of want call me up. Im more into NYPD, but if I get into Philly and like it, theres a good chance I stay closer to my family.

Anyways, dont think Ill pass the polygraph....Ive done too much in my past, although it is Philly!
    When did you take the test?

Comment

june 2009, or maybe it was 2010. it was a while ago. I didnt score well on it...

Comment

I guess they're trying to make one last push to get a class started in March or April like Deputy Commissioner Blackburn said back in December. If March-April holds true, at least the process will move swiftly for you considering how late it January it is now.

Comment

Hopefully it holds true. I'm going into the Philadelphia Police Academy through another department, but it's all predicated on their time tables. I would really like to get in the early spring rather then in late summer or early fall with the new recruitment list candidates. Hopefully everyones been running and doing light weight training to prepare. Best of luck to you guys on your test.

Comment

why light weight training?

i go heavy, im just curious...been doing it for years now.

Comment

No reason. Just happened to be the word I chose when posting. I figure that some people haven't handled a weight in some time and it might benefit them to start slowly and increase the intensity and reps as they move forward and become more comfortable.

Comment

oh...makes sense.

Comment

Originally posted by MrAmazing81 View Post

I dont think Philly has a polygraph portion of the testing.

Comment

Philly brought the polygraph back in march of last year actually.

Comment

Oh I didn't know that. I remember Philly's big thing about the polygraph was "It's not admissible on PA court, so whats the point of giving one." But, I guess they had too many screwballs getting in....

Comment

Originally posted by gsxr1kstang View Post
                        Oh I didn't know that. I remember Philly's big thing about the polygraph was "It's not admissible on PA court, so whats the point of giving one." But, I guess they had too many screwballs getting in....
                        no, it was discontinued because of complaints of, take one guess, racial bias, against, well, take another guess...finally, the crap they were hiring without it got so bad they were pretty much forced to reinstitute it....with mixed results so far.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4552 users online. 190 members and 4362 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Working...
                        X