• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Montco Consortium Test

See the following:

http://www.abingtonpd.org/examapp/

Good luck!

I don't want to discourage anyone from this, but call the individual departments before spending the money. I know for fact that Cheltenham is NOT hiring, they are actually getting ready to lay people off. My father is an officer there. I took the test last year and everyone I've talked to since has not received a call.

Comment

I think almost 2000people took the consoritum last year for maybe a dozen spots, its the longest of long shots
      Originally posted by Rudy8116
      The only reason I have one in the chamber at all times is because it is impossible to have two in.

Originally posted by CruiserClass
      OC is my last option. I've never met anyone immune to electricity or physics.

Comment

i think anyone serious about getting on the job in SEPA needs to go after lower merion....and hard. all of these "consortium tests" are fund raisers and total BS. LMPD will give all applicants a fair shake.

Comment

Originally posted by dagwood2001 View Post
          i think anyone serious about getting on the job in SEPA needs to go after lower merion....and hard. all of these "consortium tests" are fund raisers and total BS. LMPD will give all applicants a fair shake.
          +1.

Fund raisers but also civil service law states you have to maintain a hiring list that expires every year or 2. But Philly did that and didn't charge anything for their test.

Comment

I agree with the posts here, these tests do nothing but give false hopes to eager individuals looking to get started in LE....like was said above, do your homework. Calling around is def. the way to do it.. and you WILL BE SHOCKED at what u find out when u call these depts. individually. They simply want the 40$ it costs you to be eligible to test...Neither myself nor any of my fellow officers have any friends or know of any guys or gals who have got on the job thru a consortium.

Comment

I'm going to disagree "slightly". I have a few friends in Pa that have gotten jobs throught Consortium tests, and I have gotten on a few lists from it. The way the economy is headed, its the most cost effective way for departments to get a list established. That being said...I think depts should be required to disclose whether or not they will be actively hiring off the list from the test or are just fulfilling their civil service requirements.. This would cut out a lot of the "false hope" and would probably discourage a whole bunch of people from taking the test who arent completely serious about getting into L.E.

Def. call around and speak to each dept....cant hurt, and you never know what you're gonna hear.
              Forceanchors
              Associate Instructor Level 6
              Atienza Kali

Comment

I had an academy classmate who got hired by Abington from the Motnco. Consoritum and after self-sponsoring himself through the academy he was hired by them in July. I had heard that they were not even going to participate this year as they weren't looking to hire, I guess they either a) are participating for the money or b) are looking to hire.
                Delaware County Municipal Police Academy Class 131: Jan-Jun 2011

Comment

They probably posted it on their website because they are one of the largest, if not the largest agency in Montco, and probably get the most web traffic to their site. A way to boost the participation.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4612 users online. 232 members and 4380 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X