Drexel University Police

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drexel University Police

I see that Drexel University Police are accepting applications online, I'm currently in a police academy, can anyone tell me if you need to have your ACT 120 already in order to apply or if you can apply even though you're currently going through an ACT 120 academy?

Only way to know for sure is to call

Comment

Originally posted by philaleo View Post
      I see that Drexel University Police are accepting applications online, I'm currently in a police academy, can anyone tell me if you need to have your ACT 120 already in order to apply or if you can apply even though you're currently going through an ACT 120 academy?
      If you read the posting it say's that candidate's MUST be Act 120 certified. Here is an excerpt from the listing on their HR site:

--A High School diploma or GED is required; Associate degree preferred. Candidates for this position must be Act 120 certified (a graduate of a Pennsylvania municipal police academy or a graduate of an out-of-state police academy program recognized by the Municipal Police Officers' Education and Training Commission). Further, candidates must possess a valid Driver's License and must be at least 21 years of age and U.S. Citizenship.
      Delaware County Municipal Police Academy Class 131: Jan-Jun 2011

Comment

thanks guys, i'll call to see maybe they'll have an exception for people currently attending an academy

Comment

you must be a graduate. no exceptions. take test in harrisburg, keep letter with you for 2 years when you apply to any police department showing you passed your test. ( police departments dont want to spend the 100.00 dollars for the application test in harrisburg), if 2 years are up.. you will re-test again. only thing good about act 120.. it never expires in pa and other states if you have graduated from a police academy, pa will accept that and you take the test in harrisburg. drexel police spelled out everything on there website for the job..

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9982 users online. 392 members and 9590 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Working...
          X