Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is My Florida Certification Good Without Any Experience?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is My Florida Certification Good Without Any Experience?

Hey guys,

Greetings from the great state of Florida. I was wondering if my LEO Certification is accepted up there even though I don't have experience. I graduated from my Law Enforcement academy not too long ago and I've been told about an amazing opportunity that may or may not happen for me with a good agency up there. I was just wondering if I would have to go through the academy all over again. Any information will be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys and stay safe out there!!!
    Law Enforcement is a career like none other. You face challenges everyday and you get rewarded in the sametime. Thats why LE work is the best career an individual can ever choose. - Me

Up where???
    Ignore List : Bearcat357, Blackavar

Comment

Originally posted by Buffaloboy View Post
      Up where???

Huntingdon County.
      Law Enforcement is a career like none other. You face challenges everyday and you get rewarded in the sametime. Thats why LE work is the best career an individual can ever choose. - Me

Comment

Part 1 Minimum eligibility requirements

Candidates certified and employed as municipal police officers in states other than Pennsylvania are eligible for certification as police officers in Pennsylvania after being hired by a municipal police agency. Former out of state police officers are required to provide written evidence of the following.

Completion of a basic police academy course comparable to the basic training prescribed under Pennsylvania law, 53 P.S., P.L. 359, no. 120.
        Compliance with certification standards determined by the Peace Officers' Standards and Training Commission for the state where trained and full time employment as a police officer in the state where trained and certified.

http://www.portal.state.pa.us/portal...ication/584115

Comment

Short answer no; longer answer, maybe...

I think you will find that most if not all states are going to require that you actually were a certified employed officer in the state you received your certification. Alabama has some additional requirements, there is a point system that you have to meet to be accepted for lateral transfer. If there are enough points then you would be eligible for a two week orientation/refresher course at an approved academy.

http://www.apostc.state.al.us/Portal...hapter%204.pdf
          It's not the will to win that matters...everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters.
          Paul "Bear" Bryant

Comment

Alright, thanks guys I really appreciate the information. I guess I will call the number below at the State Certification Unit section and ask them.

Comment

The answer is a No. I just called and they said that I would have had to work at least ONE day as a full time LEO for my certification to at least count. So, I guess I'm out lol.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4561 users online. 251 members and 4310 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X