Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pittsburgh Police

Hello,

I have been in the process for the Pittsburgh Police--took the written in Nov. 08, Oral boards Jan 09, did the PT test in late March of this year, and the polygraph in April. From what I understand there is to be an academy in July, but I haven't heard anything as of yet.

My neighbor was contacted-- didn't include him as a reference, but i guess they do a extensive background check.

Anyone also in the process, or have heard anything?

Thanks

Any word on when they are testing again?

Comment

On the up side of things, I just got the call yesterday with the conditional offer of employment. Psych is on June 9th.

Good luck; I think you'll be hearing from them soon.

Comment

Thanks for the reply's guys! I got a call yesterday as well for the conditional offer.

As far as testing for future academies, I haven't heard anything.

Comment

For those interested I received an email that the city is taking applications for police recruits now.

Comment

I just submitted my application yesterday for them. If i remember correctly off the top of my head they are accepting applications until Oct. ?? and the written test is tentatively scheduled for Nov. 5th, with orals following in Dec 2011-Feb 2012.
            Delaware County Municipal Police Academy Class 131: Jan-Jun 2011

Comment

Is it really $13.42 per hour while in the academy? Please tell me that is a misprint.....pizza delivery makes more than that. I see the starting salary is $40k.....is there a lot of opportunity for OT? How quick can one advance/promote? Thanks for your help.
              ICE SA

Test: July 2009
              NOR: Sept 2009
              Interview: Nov 2009
              NOR: Dec 30, 2010
              TO: Jan 3, 2011
              Medical: Jan 14, 2011
              Drug Screen: Jan 26, 2011
              Cleared all Pre-Employment Checks Feb 23, 2011
              Met with BI: March 9, 2011
              BI Complete: April 26, 2011

Comment

Any Pittsburgh PD guys on here that can answer my questions above?
                ICE SA

Comment

Originally posted by Johnnylawman38 View Post
                  Is it really $13.42 per hour while in the academy? Please tell me that is a misprint.....pizza delivery makes more than that. I see the starting salary is $40k.....is there a lot of opportunity for OT? How quick can one advance/promote? Thanks for your help.
                  While I am not an officer with the PBP I do work very closely with them. I will ask tonight when I am at work if the pay while in the academy is accurate.

As for OT currently there is an excessive amount of OT. From talking with my friends at PBP and from what I hear on the scanner at work they are always looking for at least 3 officers a day to double out in one zone or another.

Comment

As for OT currently there is an excessive amount of OT. From talking with my friends at PBP and from what I hear on the scanner at work they are always looking for at least 3 officers a day to double out in one zone or another.[/QUOTE]

Does this mean that they will probably try to move this process along rather quickly and get a class in as soon as possible? I'm already ACT 120 certified, and from what I heard in another thread that means I will just have to attend an abbreviated academy, does that happen at any time or only while a class is going through already? Anyone with answers that could help me out would be awesome!
                    Delaware County Municipal Police Academy Class 131: Jan-Jun 2011

Comment

Originally posted by duqjeep2010 View Post
                      While I am not an officer with the PBP I do work very closely with them. I will ask tonight when I am at work if the pay while in the academy is accurate.

As for OT currently there is an excessive amount of OT. From talking with my friends at PBP and from what I hear on the scanner at work they are always looking for at least 3 officers a day to double out in one zone or another.
                      Ok thanks....that is what is on the website. I find it hard to believe that $13.00 an hour is all they get.....I could be wrong.
                      ICE SA

Comment

Johnny, $13.42 an hour while in the academy is correct. The way it was explained to me is the PBP uses the low pay to try and weed out some of the baddies who just want a govn't job with a union behind them. The way he put it is if that is what you want go be a paramedic where you aren't getting shot at.

It sort of makes sense to me especially with the large rush of individuals trying to get into law enforcement as of late.

Comment

^^ truth

i jsut applied the other day...hoping i hear something, waiting on the PSP to let me know where i fall on the eligibility list in august

Comment

Originally posted by duqjeep2010 View Post
                            Johnny, $13.42 an hour while in the academy is correct. The way it was explained to me is the PBP uses the low pay to try and weed out some of the baddies who just want a govn't job with a union behind them. The way he put it is if that is what you want go be a paramedic where you aren't getting shot at.

It sort of makes sense to me especially with the large rush of individuals trying to get into law enforcement as of late.
                            Well I was thinking of applying until I saw the $13.42 per hour in the academy.....I can't live on that with a family and bills. Our part-time officers where I currently work make $13.50 for christ sakes.
                            ICE SA

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4429 users online. 248 members and 4181 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X