300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PSP Academy Class 134 (2011)

Hello all, I took the physical today and was told that we were being processed for the 134th class. Anyone else on here take the physical this week?

did they say when the 134th would be starting ?

Comment

Originally posted by 82zoramac View Post
      did they say when the 134th would be starting ?
      November, tentatively.

Comment

Well thats when the 132nd would be finishing.

Comment

I am guessing this latest round of testing (May 2011) will be for the 135th and beyond.

Probably starting in Feb(ish) of 2012

Originally posted by JimT View Post
          November, tentatively.

Comment

I took the PRT May 1st... It was for the 134th class in Nov. Tentatively. I took my poly today anyone else take it yet?

Comment

No classes graduating in 2010...three classes gone/going in 2011...this does my heart good! Good luck to all of you ladies and gentlemen!

Comment

Hershey, prior to 2010 or the recession, do you know many classes per year they averaged?
                Correctional Officer at the Philadelphia Prisons since January 2009

Comment

I believe the correct reply on average would be two per year.

Comment

The number of classes and hiring practices of the State Police are more depemdant on the priorities of the Governor than the economy. I was hired during the Thornburg (R) administration when there were four to five classes per year attempting to bring the force up to complement following an almost complete shut down of the Academy during the Governor ship of Milton Shapp(D). During the Casey(D) administration personnel levels were again allowed to dip dangerously low. Governor Ridge's(R) administration had to resort to leasing space and assigning temporary instructors in the 90's to bring the Department back to complement. (Classes were held at the SW Training Center, Fort Indiantown Gap and the Valley Forge Military Academy.) Then during the Rendell(D) years the only significant hiring occurred just prior to his reelection bid in 2006. I hope that you can see the pattern here. Corbett(R) has been placed in the position where significant numbers of troopers are needed just to restore the complement. So bad economy or not there will probably be significant munbers of cadets processed for the remainder of Corbett's time in office.
                    When Society makes war on its police, it better be prepared to make friends of its criminals.

Comment

Thanks very much for your responses! Took the written test today, hopefully we can get this process moving!
                      Correctional Officer at the Philadelphia Prisons since January 2009

Comment

PABear31...another one of my heroes!

Comment

Poly

Anyone else take their poly recently? I had mine last week, and I don't know how it went. My examiner really grilled me on one topic that I had absolutely nothing to hide on (yes, I was telling the truth 110)...I dont know how to take that..I guess I'll find out in a few weeks!

Comment

Last edited by bm552047; 08-10-2011, 02:56 AM.

Comment

I have decided to no longer pursue a career with the PA State Police for personal reasons. I was pretty far in the process and have already purchased some of the required training items such as Dickies and The Olive Drab coat. If anyone is interested in these items PM me the sizes are Dickies Short Sleeve Shirt Large Pants 34X30 and Coat Large Tall willing to discount the price of course.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4462 users online. 212 members and 4250 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X