300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phila Area University Police

I am looking if there are any (above). I will be obtaining my MOPETC cert in the Fall and want to get your thoughts on the Dept (whether it be Drexel, UPenn, or Temple) and what you like or don't like about it.

What do they look for the most in an applicant?

Any other info?

My father is a municipal officer and I want a different law enforcement challenge/experience.

Thank you,
    Michael
    DCCC Police Academy

did you ever get your mopetc cert yet?

Comment

I will in August

Comment

How soon after you graduate do you take the test??

Comment

Originally posted by Jolloveslaw2009 View Post
          How soon after you graduate do you take the test??
          Whenever you want. Act 120 never expires. I graduated back in March and haven't taken it yet. They have a test out in Harrisburg about every 2-3 weeks.

Comment

I am done in June but I have to make up a class which is why I won't get my cert till Aug

Comment

Originally posted by sjh5147 View Post
              Whenever you want. Act 120 never expires. I graduated back in March and haven't taken it yet. They have a test out in Harrisburg about every 2-3 weeks.
              It never expires? I was told its only active for a year or two, or is that if your not hired by a dept?

Comment

If you're not hired, it expires after two years. Once hired, you're good!

Comment

Ok thanks that's what I thought

Comment

I graduate on June 23rd from DCCC and I am planning on taking the MPOETC Test on June 30th if all my paperwork goes through. Alot of my classmates are going this route so that all the information is fresh in our head and hopefully we can pass it on the first go. Has anyone taken this test that knows anything about it?
                    Delaware County Municipal Police Academy Class 131: Jan-Jun 2011

Comment

Take the test ASAP after you graduate. It's one less thing you'll have to worry about if and when you get hired. The test score is good for two years. If you don't have a job within two years you're not trying hard enough.
                      West Chester University B.S. Criminal Justice: May 2009
                      Delaware County Community College Municipal Police Academy Class 126: July-Dec 2009
                      Full time Patrolman in Chester County, PA.

Comment

Do they let you test now without being hired? When I took the test you had to be employed by a Police Department to be eligible to take it.

Comment

Yes. They're website I believe still states that you have to wait to be employed however there is a form for cadets leaving the academy to fill out and take the test without employment, you just need to provide your Grade Sheet and Certificate of Completion to MPOETC.
                          Delaware County Municipal Police Academy Class 131: Jan-Jun 2011

Comment

You can take the test after completion of 120. You no longer need a sponsoring department to take the test. However, you cannot get your certification until you are sponsored.

I graduated the 120 in 12/09 and took and passed the test in 1/10.

I got hired in 9/10 and then my certification paperwork was finalized and I got my certification number.
                            West Chester University B.S. Criminal Justice: May 2009
                            Delaware County Community College Municipal Police Academy Class 126: July-Dec 2009
                            Full time Patrolman in Chester County, PA.

Comment

before you take test, you must get ure criminal and driving record done. all can be done on line if you have a clean back ground. comes back in seconds, you pay like you pay like 10.00 bucks on each, then you pay 100 dollars for test, and a drive you to harrisburg. if you go on line..http://www.mpoetc.state.pa.us/portal...ication/561278 and go to this site.. you will see application ( deparment paying for you ) .. and pre-emploment ( you pay on your own you will even find if you are out of state cop, you an take this test and pa will approve you under mpect so you do not have to do acedemy all over again. Pa has weird rules! also, you will see dates you can take test.. if you pass test.. you take a copy of letter they send to you and attach to resume or applications for police jobs. then its one less thing you the police department will worry about when and if they want to hire you. once you go to a mpoetc school anywhere in pa.. that certification never expires! but one two years pass and you do not land a job as a cop. yes, you will have to take the test again. as for the test. its all different areas of law, common sense qts, car stops, ped stops, you name it, its on it, no one can tell you whats on it cause i barely remember myself! it was a bla bla test! and amt1990 is correct.. grade sheet from school and ure cert from acedemy. once everything is done.. you police department will do the rest, set you up for a physical, sike test and i believe a day at the range. pretty much everything i just told you the website tells you, i just put it all in once big paragrah! best luck! and penn, drexel and temple are great police department and work great with the phili districts!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6156 users online. 346 members and 5810 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X