• Temple University Police

Job Title Campus Police Officer - Trainee - RECRUITMENT ONLY
    Job Number TU-14239
    Campus Main Campus
    Full/Part Time Full
    Date Posted (External) 04/12/2011

Job Qualifications:
    ***THIS POSITION IS FOR RECRUITMENT PURPOSES***

Campus Police Officers provide police patrol in both uniformed and plain clothes operations, and carry out all functions related to police services that are primarily for students, faculty and staff of Temple University, but also include the community within the jurisdictional patrol area surrounding the University.

IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION, APPLICANTS MUST SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETE MPOETC PRE-EMPLOYMENT TESTING. PRIOR TO PARTICIPATION IN THE MPOETC PRE-EMPLOYMENT AGILITY TEST, APPLICANTS WILL BE REQUIRED TO PROVIDE A DOCTOR’S CERTIFICATION OF GOOD HEALTH.

Responsibilities include preventing crime through proactive patrol, disseminating information, taking necessary police action and investigating criminal and non-criminal incidents to determine the nature of the incident, identifying criminal perpetrators, making arrests when necessary, and/or assisting in preparation leading to an anticipated arrest.

Other responsibilities include performing police duties primarily outdoors, on campus property and in surrounding areas by vehicle operation, foot patrols, bike patrols, and traffic/crowd control; uniformed and non-uniformed assignments pertaining to special events sponsored by or associated with the University; attending court for criminal, civil and University administrative hearings and testifying and/or presenting evidence. Campus Police Officers also perform other duties as assigned.

Required Education and Experience:

Must possess a High School Diploma or equivalent.

Required Skills and Abilities:

*Must be able to successfully pass a reading comprehension test as well as a physical agility test prior to being considered for the position.

*Must be able to meet all physical requirements for Temple University Police Officers.

*Must be willing to submit and successfully pass a physical, drug screening, psychological exam and background investigation.

*Must possess a clean criminal and driver history.

*Most possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills.

*Demonstrated ability to recognize, understand, accept and appreciate the value of workplace diversity, and to respect the practices, values and points of view of other individuals and groups.

Additional Requirements:

*Must be at least 21 years of age.

*Must possess a valid driver's license.

Compliance Statement: In the performance of their functions as detailed in the position description employees have an obligation to avoid ethical, legal, financial and other conflicts of interest to ensure that their actions and outside activities do not conflict with their primary employment responsibilities at the institution. Employees are also expected to understand and be in compliance with applicable laws, University and employment policies and regulations, including NCAA regulations for areas and departments which their essential functions cause them to interact.
    I don't answer recruitment messages....

***THIS POSITION IS FOR RECRUITMENT PURPOSES*** ok I give up, what does this mean?
    Delaware County Community College Municipal Police Academy Class 126: July-Dec 2009

Comment

Tommy,

It looks as if they may be sending recruits to an academy again. They sent recruits to the academy and they are still there now. Then they just hired a group of laterals. Now they may send more to the academy. Just my guess. Good luck!

Comment

upenn also just had interviews.
        Ivan, did you see the sun rise this morningsigpic?

Comment

Any idea where you apply exactly for upenn?

Comment

Originally posted by Lace80st View Post
            Any idea where you apply exactly for upenn?
            On the UPenn website.

Comment

thanks, they already pulled it off the website i believe.

Comment

Originally posted by Lace80st View Post
                thanks, they already pulled it off the website i believe.
                Just keep an eye out, also they only hire 120 folks or folks who can get a 120 waiver.

Comment

I wish Temple didn't changed from 19 to 21 age requirement. I'm one year away from that magic number and it definitely stinks having to wait when all these opportunities present themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeF2009 View Post
                    I wish Temple didn't changed from 19 to 21 age requirement. I'm one year away from that magic number and it definitely stinks having to wait when all these opportunities present themselves.
                    Should have applied man. They have hired 19 and 20 year olds when they listed that rule, one last year infact. I am 20 and they are allowing me to take the PT Test next week.
                    Last edited by ERMedic; 05-01-2011, 01:30 PM. Reason: 20 year olds, not 10 year olds. Haha.
                    "All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing."

Comment

Originally posted by ERMedic View Post
                      Should have applied man. They have hired 19 and 10 year olds when they listed that rule, one last year infact. I am 20 and they are allowing me to take the PT Test next week.
                      Wow.. going as low as 10... kinda streching it with 4th graders..

Comment

I did apply but when you have to select your age it said I couldn't continue because I wasn't 21. How did you get through?

Comment

Originally posted by MikeF2009 View Post
                          I did apply but when you have to select your age it said I couldn't continue because I wasn't 21. How did you get through?
                          I'm assuming I slipped through the cracks. I just wrote I was 20.
                          "All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing."

Comment

so is anyone going to be taking the written test on May 25th for Temple?

Comment

j52545 - were you contacted to take the written? was it postal mail or email?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5227 users online. 279 members and 4948 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X