300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• York County Deputy Sheriff

Well, I just applied for the York County Sheriff's Department. From what the website says it seems like a pretty good gig, however, there is no information on salary or benefits, or anything for that matter. I did a search on these forums and found a guy saying they only make $12k a year, which cannot possibly be correct considering that is below the poverty line. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I think the contract info is on the York county website...
    I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

I know they make more than $12,000 a year.

I want to say I believe it's high-30's to mid-40's but I can't be certain.

They are one of the more progressive Sheriff's departments around. Not sure if you're familiar but they're comparable to the Allegheny County Sheriff's Department (Pittsburgh area).

Any other questions man, we're here to help. Good luck to you.
      Brad

Comment

Thanks for the responses guys,

Orlando - I looked at the website, maybe I'm just having a hard time finding the contract link.

Chaps - Thanks for the info.! Do you know if its true that they work an 8-5 like a regular job? If so, that is very rare.

Comment

Some do. They have a Crime Response Unit that works the good hours of the night. Have you visited their website? Here is a brief on their CRU - Click.

There contract isn't online that I found. They list the pay scales of all other positions except those with a contract (CO, Deputy, etc).
          Brad

Comment

I coulda sworn I saw it.. I must been day dreaming..

Comment

http://www.york-county.org/departmen...0Structure.htm

Hope this helps.. good luck and keep us updated please!

Comment

Originally posted by timt1202 View Post
                http://www.york-county.org/departmen...0Structure.htm

Hope this helps.. good luck and keep us updated please!
                Thanks for the info! If only they would list the deputies! I will keep this updated, hopefully I will hear from them soon.

Comment

Good luck resox0848. I turned my app in there about two weeks ago

Comment

nate have you heard anything back yet?

Comment

I don't mean to rain on your parade or anything but if you're not act 120 your chances of getting in are pretty slim. I work with a guy who was a York deputy, they do a lot of LEO stuff in the city like mentioned and have specialized units.

Comment

Originally posted by Pa_Mick View Post
                        I don't mean to rain on your parade or anything but if you're not act 120 your chances of getting in are pretty slim. I work with a guy who was a York deputy, they do a lot of LEO stuff in the city like mentioned and have specialized units.
                        Yea that's like most places in PA. Thats why I've been looking out of state because I don't want to self-sponsor myself through an academy and not get a job.

Comment

Originally posted by redsox0848 View Post
                          nate have you heard anything back yet?
                          No I haven't heard back yet. I was going to call into their human reasources department this week sometimes it helps if you try to do a little follow up.

Comment

Also Lancaster SO is hiring.

Comment

I have been teaching at the academy at Penn State for 6 years, York County has 3-5 new deputies in every class, if you live in York County get your ACT 2, go to Maryland work for a while and then come back to PA as a Cop (120). Thats why York has such a high turn over rate.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5571 users online. 301 members and 5270 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X