300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exelon Nuclear-Armed Security Officer [Security Trainee]-Delta, PA Job

Dropped my name in the hat today. Just wanted to pass the info on to any other folks looking for positions in this field.

http://careers.exeloncorp.com/job/De...ce=SimplyHired

I work for the same compay. If anyone has any questions about the hiring process, the job, or anything else just ask here or send me a pm.
    Last edited by unsworninpa104; 03-26-2011, 04:06 AM.

Comment

Dropped my name in as well the other day. I heard they will review the apps and only invite those they are interested in to the entrance exam? is that accurate?

Comment

Not sure what their process is but it will have to be rather quick if they are wanting to start training on 16 April. I'd like to think that my background will be enough to get their attention... it was enough to receive a phone call from Triple Canopy so I would imagine I am more than qualified to secure a nuclear facility site. Really hoping to hear something this coming week if I made the cut for Lancaster City/ Manheim Township PD. This transition from active duty military to civilian has been very educational, stressful, and down right friggin crazy !! Will post again when I get any info...good luck

Comment

buddy i went to academy with recently got hired during their last hire about 3 months ago. if i remember correctly he said about 100 or so applied. He had a 1hr 15min oral interview and was hired along with 7 others. I just heard this weekend that they are down to 5 from that hire as 2 failed backround and one failed the PT. They are hiring 13.

I thought i saw during the application process the hiring date was 1st week of may sometime?
          Last edited by Qlapp28; 03-27-2011, 02:32 PM.

Comment

I may have misunderstood the time frame..I'll have to go back and look..I thought training started in April and if you make it on board you'd start in May. Only 100 applied ?...seems like a low # to me..I figured there would be a couple hundred..Good luck brother..maybe both of us will get picked up.

Comment

my number could be off. it wasn't more than 150 for sure. And i believe they invited half that to take the test. If you make it to the oral and have good qualifications (security experience, militart, act 120, LE) you should be in the top of the running for sure. Good luck. it's a good gig from what they tell me. Great pay and great benifits!

Comment

For what it's worth..I have a current active secret clearance and 20 yrs Active duty (Infantry), no criminal background skeletons in the closet..hell I haven't had so much as a speeding ticket. I've heard nothing but good stuff about this job. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Comment

i'd be surprised if you didn't get one of the spots then. From what i've heard they rave over act 120 guys because they now have many of the skills required for the job and have already passed a background, PT, etc. So they they aren't taking a big risk on them not passing a backround or being total dirtbags. So with your background you should be good to go.

Will post any info if i receive any.

Comment

I'm hoping I get a call..I'll post any updates as well.

Comment

TMI just posted their application. Looks like they are 2-3 weeks behind peach bottom in terms of a start date. Pay isn't as good.

Comment

Thanks for the heads up..Any idea why the significant difference in pay ?..is it not the same job ? I'm still going to apply..TMI is closer, but I wouldn't have a problem driving a few extra miles for better pay..Today I am officially on terminal leave and will retire 1 MAY...I am so ready to go work...

Comment

I play ice hockey with a guy that works there now, he said they are union and peach bottom is not. Not sure how that all works since it's the same company but whatever, i applied as well. A lot closer drive for me, but as you said, the extra $$ is worth the drive

Comment

I have my TMI written test scheduled for the 15th at 1pm. Exelon HR recruiter called for a brief 15min phone interview today.

Comment

Outstanding..good luck I hope you make the cut...I'm still hoping to still get a call. I really want to get on there.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6478 users online. 358 members and 6120 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X