Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mc is everyday i believe.. and dc is during your physical part. im not sure.. from what i hear from.. just get the mile half and the short distance down! if you do not have a beer gut, sit-ups shouldn't be hard, if you can lift half of you.. not a problem.. but for the run part especially..ive seen and heard people fail out because of it! and you wont get your diploma and graduate with everyone!

Comment

mc you'll play wall ball and the longest distance you'll run is 3 miles

dc you do crossfit everyday and the shortest distance you'll run is 3 miles, towards the end you'll do a 8-10 mile fun run
      Originally posted by Rudy8116
      The only reason I have one in the chamber at all times is because it is impossible to have two in.

Originally posted by CruiserClass
      OC is my last option. I've never met anyone immune to electricity or physics.

Comment

Originally posted by 02paul09 View Post

dc you do crossfit everyday and the shortest distance you'll run is 3 miles, towards the end you'll do a 8-10 mile fun run
        wall ball? lol but MC is everyday too?

Comment

Originally posted by 02paul09 View Post

We actually never did that last run. They spoke of it, but I guess the schedule goofed things up. I couldn't say anything of Montgomery.

1. DCCC offers you college credits (around 32-36) which is close to halfway to an associates degree.
          2. The PT is excellent for preparing you for everything. Except maybe for bench press, you can probably pass by the exercise you do there alone (though I don't recommend it of course)
          3. My class, at least, was very supportive during PT, exercising at the end of the day, sitting together in the lunch room, studying for test during the excessively long lunch break.
          4. Excellent instructors from various positions within Delaware and Chester County
          5. Excellent facility at the college, including a weight room and aerobics room where you'll spend PT when you aren't running for the first 45-90 mins. The weight room is accessible much of the day for you to spend time there at lunch and after class. You won't get much time in there during PT because of congestion.
          6. Trooper Ash is awesome (prepare for leg scissors)

I guess if you want cons:

1. Not a lot of resources poured into EVOC. With a large class, you'll do the course like 5 times then sit and watch everyone else go through. It's fun, but not particularly advantageous.
          2. The college charges a bundle for their lunches
          3. ??
          Last edited by Spoil; 04-11-2011, 08:01 AM. Reason: cons

Comment

I've heard great things regarding MCCC too - guess I'll find it all out tomorrow ;-)

Comment

Well it's Official! I am now a cadet with MCCC! Wish me luck!

Comment

Whats up gentleman, I had graduated from MCCC's night academy 10months! last July. Overall I would not reccomend the night academy unless you are extremely motivated. Also you cannot be picky about where you test in PA take every test you can. I took 24 exams before I was hired! and i ended up getting hired in Baltimore, and sad to say they dont accept ACT 120 unless you have atleast a year on. Most of my cadets that I graduated with are having an extremely hard time finding jobs, some of them with 4 year degrees, and military. Network as much as possible take every test you can for the expierience, and have fun I met alot fo great guys going through this academy and Instructos whom I still keep in contact with.

Comment

I graduated end of 2008 and some of the guys in my class still arnt hired

too many applicants not enough jobs, you might have to end up leaving the area if you're serious about a job

sad fact is it's a $4000 investment and just by statistics a lot of guys will never get a job
                  The only reason I have one in the chamber at all times is because it is impossible to have two in.

Comment

The ones that are worth it will get jobs. The ones that aren't dedicated and not worth their weight won't. It's better that way.
                    West Chester University B.S. Criminal Justice: May 2009
                    Delaware County Community College Municipal Police Academy Class 126: July-Dec 2009
                    Full time Patrolman in Chester County, PA.

Comment

Originally posted by cgravines View Post
                      The ones that are worth it will get jobs. The ones that aren't dedicated and not worth their weight won't. It's better that way.
                      I agree! you have to be completely dedicated!

Comment

I know guys that arnt worth the cost of their uniform that get on and I know guys that are total studs for the job and get passed over

the process is just rough

Comment

Female's as well - I'm sure there are a few who don't take it seriously or quit early on.

Comment

Go to DelCo. Worth it in all aspects.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3093 users online. 206 members and 2887 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X