300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delaware County vs. Montgomery County Municipal Police Academy

Hi Guys, I am debating which academy to apply to. If any one know any pros & cons between the two, please post.

Thanks again,
    Rick

Originally posted by rick900 View Post
    Hi Guys, I am debating which academy to apply to. If any one know any pros & cons between the two, please post.

Thanks again,
    Rick
    If you search this has been asked before.
    I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

As a recent graduate of Temple University's Academy, I'm inclined to recommend it. I cannot speak agaainst the other two academies; I can only speak for Temple's. They brought in A LOT of excellent instructors from surrounding departments, and certainly prepared us for the final PT test. Typically a smaller class (I graduated with 13) but I found that to be more beneficial: more one on one opportunity with instructors, more time behind the wheel at EVOC, and definitely more rounds at the firing range. I believe they're looking to start another class in May. Good Luck with wherever you choose.

Comment

Any recent grads from MCCC? I start in June.

Comment

Thanks Guys! I used the search function and found a wealth of information, like you guys recommended.

I was taking a vehicle rescue class the other night at MCCC and noticed that some of the police cadets had ranking insignias on their collars. I'll search the threads, but if someone knows please post, I'm curious.

Comment

I graduated MCCC in Feb. Great academy...great instructors.... Class leadership wears military rank. I highly recommend this as a place to get your 120.
            Forceanchors
            Associate Instructor Level 6
            Atienza Kali

Comment

I went to delco, PT is harder than montco from what my buddies that attended said, other than that don't know to much about it

120 is 120, you learn how to be a cop when you hit the street
              Originally posted by Rudy8116
              The only reason I have one in the chamber at all times is because it is impossible to have two in.

Originally posted by CruiserClass
              OC is my last option. I've never met anyone immune to electricity or physics.

Comment

honestly.. who cares where u attend as long as you pass and you become act 120 certifed! then after you graduate, take the test in harrisburg and when u apply to police jobs, then attach letter mpoetc sends you of a passing grade to application or resume. that also will help you out. remember.. the test you take in harrisburg is only good for 2 years if you have not found a police job. your act 120 will never expire in pa!

Comment

Looks like a long hard road, especially since I am looking at the part time academy. When I am done with Fire Academy, I'll be ready to jump in Police, either DCCC or MCCC. I Love PA!

Comment

I have my entrance interview coming up - any advice? I mean I know the basics, professional attire etc, just wondering for those of you who attended MCCC what the interview is like. I'm assuming they ask why you want to attend, what you hope to accomplish and talk about the program and issue the uniforms.....??

Comment

best advice i can give you or anyone.. Why do you want to be a cop?? What can you do that will make a difference? How will you handle little issues to the most stressful issue. Are you trigger happy, Are you patient, can you separate your own values, beliefs, etc to when you are on the streets? Can you show distrection when you do a traffic stop and not nail every person for a traffic violation? there are a lot of things that they may ask! might ask things I mentioned, might not ask anything i mentioned! Its all about making sure are you not some weird, anti-hermit with no personality who wants to carry a badge and a gun and go crazy with the law! if you get my drift! best luck... be you, think before you answer a question..

Comment

Originally posted by deputymel View Post
                        best advice i can give you or anyone.. Why do you want to be a cop?? What can you do that will make a difference? How will you handle little issues to the most stressful issue. Are you trigger happy, Are you patient, can you separate your own values, beliefs, etc to when you are on the streets? Can you show distrection when you do a traffic stop and not nail every person for a traffic violation? there are a lot of things that they may ask! might ask things I mentioned, might not ask anything i mentioned! Its all about making sure are you not some weird, anti-hermit with no personality who wants to carry a badge and a gun and go crazy with the law! if you get my drift! best luck... be you, think before you answer a question..
                        Thanks for your input! Appreciate it!

Comment

Thanks! very good advice and will keep in mind - one more question regarding PT - how many times a week and for how long, just wondering.

Comment

while in school or before you start school (preparring yourself i mean for school )

Comment

While in school - I've been training for months, I hate the running but I do it.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5810 users online. 352 members and 5458 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X