Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chambersburg PD

Hey guys,

Does anyone know anything about the upcoming hiring process for Chambersburg PD. It's about 3 hours away from me and I was just trying to get a feel for how many people are expected to show or how many they may hire.

If anyone has any additional information please advise...

Thank You.

The Chambersburg Police Department written test is scheduled for this Wednesday, March 9, at 1730. The last test was back in April of 2010 and roughly 180 people showed up for 1 "anticipated" vacancy. Those of us who continued through the process went through the written test, fitness test, background investigation and CVSA exam. The guy that was offered the job wound up not being able to attend the academy due to some unforseen issues so, as of now, the 1 vacancy that was to be filled last time remains open and there was a recent retirement as well. If you are bilingual, I encourage you to look into taking that exam as the city is strongly looking to increase the bilingual options for the department. Best of luck to you.

Comment

Thanks for the info

Comment

Originally posted by DAM85 View Post
        The Chambersburg Police Department written test is scheduled for this Wednesday, March 9, at 1730. The last test was back in April of 2010 and roughly 180 people showed up for 1 "anticipated" vacancy. Those of us who continued through the process went through the written test, fitness test, background investigation and CVSA exam. The guy that was offered the job wound up not being able to attend the academy due to some unforseen issues so, as of now, the 1 vacancy that was to be filled last time remains open and there was a recent retirement as well. If you are bilingual, I encourage you to look into taking that exam as the city is strongly looking to increase the bilingual options for the department. Best of luck to you.
        wondering why they are retesting when they have a list that's 11 months old?

Comment

yeah ill be there, I was guessing 100 applicants for about 2-3 positions. It is a very small department. I believe there are only 35 patrol officers.

Comment

Originally posted by rfritz12 View Post
            yeah ill be there, I was guessing 100 applicants for about 2-3 positions. It is a very small department. I believe there are only 35 patrol officers.
            That's a midlevel to large level department in PA. The average size department in PA is 15 officers.
            West Chester University B.S. Criminal Justice: May 2009
            Delaware County Community College Municipal Police Academy Class 126: July-Dec 2009
            Full time Patrolman in Chester County, PA.

Comment

Originally posted by cgravines View Post
              That's a midlevel to large level department in PA. The average size department in PA is 15 officers.
              you are correct, it is a large department for PA but still a small department.

I counted about 80 people there last night. I'm guessing there will be about 50 people taking the physical agility test here in a week or two.

Comment

Anybody recieve their score from the written test yet?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4592 users online. 216 members and 4376 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X