300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accident report policy

First, I'm not looking to jam anyone up but this seems to be getting alittle ridiculous.

My vehicle was parked legally on the street and an elderly gentleman came along and creamed it in broad daylight. 4200 dollars in damage. I was polite and courteous to the responding officers and they saw my ID and know I am OTJ from a neighboring state. It has been 1 month since the accident. I was told on scene the accident would be ready to be picked up within 5 business days which sounded about right since it's a small agency and a very quiet area. I have since called 4 times and stopped in once. I've gotten the typical run around and was told they report still wasn't completed but a note and voice mail was left for the officer. I asked to speak to the Chief and the request was ignored, secretary said she would take care of it. That was last week. Do I try to speak with the chief? Township Admin? Is there statutory guidelines in PA regarding accident reports?

Personally I finish all accident reports before the end of shift unless it happens within 10 mins of shift change. Then it is completed immediately after roll call of my next shift. After getting signed off by a supervisor and filed by clerk it's ready to be picked up in 3-5 days but I tell everyone 5-7 business days just to be safe and I work in a much busier juristiction then where this occured.
    Last edited by mallninja; 11-02-2009, 07:20 PM. Reason: change title

I would think that its strange that a crash report involving a park unattended would take a month to do. Without knowing what department it would be hard to give you an answer as to "policy". Maybe you can call and attempt to speak to the supervisor on duty and see if they can find out what is going on with the report. If you are going through insurance you might want to let them deal with getting the report because for some odd reason there appears to be a problem????

Comment

Last I heard, Philly doesn't even do accident reports unless there are injuries. Just a basic, called and reported an accident, car was hit, end.
      Being a good street cop is like coming to work in a wet suit and peeing in your pants. It's a nice warm feeling, but you're the only one who knows anything has happened.

Comment

Philly does paperwork for EVERYTHING. They do repetitive wasteful paperwork for pretty much everything. Its just which 50 forms do you need to fill out after each job.

The old way was that for an accident with no injuries, no leaving the scene, property damage etc. it was just a simple one page report.

Not only are the reports with numbers of codes that cause confusion for most people, you have to pay to get a copy of the report.

Comment

It's not your job to get the accident report. It's up to the Insurance company to get it. B/c most towns or city's charge about $25 bucks for a report that should be free. If the insurance company tells you if we get the report we can process your claim faster..tell them They are responsible for getting that report not you.
          " Never judge others unless you truly know them"

Comment

If they are trying to keep their rates down I can see them wanted the copy of the report to contact the owner of the striking vehicle's insurance to have them handle the claim.
            As much as they tell you that if its not your fault your rates won't go up that is absolutely untrue with many companies. Even when you aren't in your car and even when you are a pedestrian struck by a car. Believe it or not some insurance companies will count it against you if you are struck by a vehicle crossing the street. Don't believe me? Call The Hartford Insurance company and ask them.

Comment

In NJ, both side of the NJTR1 ( Crash Report) is nothing but numbers in blocks, which is solely for insurance companies.
              Being a good street cop is like coming to work in a wet suit and peeing in your pants. It's a nice warm feeling, but you're the only one who knows anything has happened.

Comment

Originally posted by Baysidegal View Post
                If they are trying to keep their rates down I can see them wanted the copy of the report to contact the owner of the striking vehicle's insurance to have them handle the claim.
                As much as they tell you that if its not your fault your rates won't go up that is absolutely untrue with many companies. Even when you aren't in your car and even when you are a pedestrian struck by a car. Believe it or not some insurance companies will count it against you if you are struck by a vehicle crossing the street. Don't believe me? Call The Hartford Insurance company and ask them.

Hell girl I'm not paying $ 2600 a year to get a report for them. Let them earn there money.
                " Never judge others unless you truly know them"

Comment

You wouldn't pay .26 cents.. Who are you kiddin??? LOL

Comment

Hell if it happened in the city, if you have the DC number, most districts you can tin them and they will give you a copy of the 48 and AA5000.
                    I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

If it happened in the city I would have had it three weeks ago!!! lol

Comment

My favorite the 75-48C, no story or diagram.

Comment

Sorry Mallninja.. I hated the fact that I had to cause that damage to your car but I had to teach you a lesson. You just cant follow me around dude. Now go back to lawman.com..
                          We ride for those who died!

RIP SgtCHP!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5734 users online. 327 members and 5407 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X