300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has It Really Been Two Years????

November is here again and that makes me think how close we are to the holiday season yet again. Last night in between hearing the Phillies fan's screaming on the TV and the Trick or Treaters running between raindrops looking for candy I remembered what happened two years ago on
    October 31st.

You will never be forgotten Chuck. I am glad and proud to say that I knew you. Thank you.

P/O Charles Cassidy EOW:November 1, 2007

Police Officer Charles Cassidy
    Philadelphia Police Department
    Pennsylvania
    End of Watch: Thursday, November 1, 2007

Biographical Info
    Tour of Duty: 25 years
    Badge Number: 2342

Incident Details
    Cause of Death: Gunfire
    Date of Incident: Wednesday, October 31, 2007
    Weapon Used: Handgun
    Suspect Info: Apprehended

Officer Cassidy succumbed to a gunshot wound sustained the previous day when he walked into a robbery in progress.

Officer Cassidy was checking in on a store at the corner of 66th Avenue and Broad Street that had previously been robbed.
    Unknown to Officer Cassidy, there was a robbery in progress in the store.
    As Officer Cassidy entered, the suspect turned and fired, hitting the officer's head.

The suspect then stole Officer Cassidy's service weapon as he fled.

Officer Cassidy was transported to Albert Einstein Medical Center, where he remained until passing away.

The suspect was arrested by members of the Miami, Florida, Police Department, on November 6, 2007,
    after a 911 call was made indicating the man was in an area homeless shelter.

Officer Cassidy had served with the Philadelphia Police Department for 25 years. He is survived by his wife and three children.

RIP Officer Cassidy. I heard the turnout of the memorial they had tonight was very nice. I didn't know him, but I heard he was a very good man from people he's worked with.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5213 users online. 292 members and 4921 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X