Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Psp Ranking For July-aug 2009 ----testing---

Waiting on my results.
    IN ORDER TO GET THINGS YOU'VE NEVER HAD, YOU HAVE TO BE WILLING TO DO THINGS YOU'VE NEVER DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've gotten my email yesterday. I rank 962 out of a total of 1,745 on eligibility list. I gotta start looking to reapplying for the next go round to get a better ranking

Comment

UpOnBase and HBGchick, when did you take the written test? Just curious so I know when to expect my results. I took the written August 11th I think, and Oral on September 19th so I wanted to put it into perspective. Thanks!

Comment

I ranked 354. My first time around I ranked 219 (My background is due Oct. 23rd). I got lazy this time around since I was growing a tad disillusioned with how long my first attempt is taking. But my 219 rank was out of about 1550 and this 354 is out of 1745, so I figure its alright. Plus, they always grab top 400 from what I hear and its probably going to be more since they aren't putting an academy in till mid 2010 probably. Just speculation.

Comment

Originally posted by HBGchick View Post
          I've gotten my email yesterday. I rank 962 out of a total of 1,745 on eligibility list. I gotta start looking to reapplying for the next go round to get a better ranking
          Don't feel bad. I'm right there in the 900's too.
          "Character is someone you are when no one is watching."

Comment

Just found this forum ...ranked in the 340's.

Comment

If the next class is going to be a 200+ class..

...being ranked between 800-900 on the list depending how many holdovers from the last list will probably get your foot in the door. Am aware of more than several, less than many who were ranked at that level and are now Troopers from the 124. It is not unrealistic to go through 150-300+ applicants just to get 50 eligible cadet hopefuls...the lower your number ranking is initially is to your advantage, but there are many "lower" numbered cadets who never made it to the rank of Trooper for one reason or another.
              PSP Human Resources and their recruiters have the definitive information you want to hear and know when they are ready to give it to you.
              If you are discouraged, please change your thought process because waiting is the norm when it comes to the PSP.
              You should actually be encouraged that IF the next class going in IS a 200+ class, they will go through ALOT of bodies just to get 200 cadet hopefuls and, you have much more of a chance than you thought you had being ranked 8-900 out of almost 1800 applying.
              Good luck to all of you..

Comment

I agree with hershey124. Also keep in mind, applicants still have many more steps in the selection process. For example, you have the physical test, polygraph, background, med/psych... Applicants routinely drop off the list due to test/background failures, other job offers, injuries, etc. Don't get discouraged. Applicants may find themselves moving up the list quicker than they expected. However, if an applicant is unhappy with their present rank, they can always "RETEST"!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3468 users online. 168 members and 3300 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X