300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PSP promotion

I would like to know what promotion is based on in the PSP. I am going to be in the 131st cadet class (whenever that happens to be). I know it is a little early to think about promotions but is there something I could be doing now like finishing my degree? I was told a degree doesn't matter. Anyone with real information I thank in advance!

Originally posted by fairwood99 View Post
    I would like to know what promotion is based on in the PSP. I am going to be in the 131st cadet class (whenever that happens to be). I know it is a little early to think about promotions but is there something I could be doing now like finishing my degree? I was told a degree doesn't matter. Anyone with real information I thank in advance!
    First you have to be a trooper for 5 yrs to test, but won't get promoted until 6. You take a written test and interview and get ranked. It is almost just like getting in. The list is good until another test comes around. Nothing you can do now to help. A college degree doesn't matter.

Some ppl never try to get promoted though b/c it is a different job. Cpl's do lots of paperwork and supervising. Some stations have cpls that get out on the road more than other. Once you move past cpl you are pretty much a desk job. Some guys/women retire being on the road and might have made a great high ranking officer, but they love what they do as a road dawg.

I wouldn't worry about ranks right now since there is nothing you can do to help the future. Worry about getting through the academy, coach/pupil and your probation yr - learn AS MUCH as you possibly can from or coach and then be the best road dawg you can b/c that's what you'll be doing for at least 3 yrs.

Comment

Thanks. It would be hard to sit behind a desk. I just quit my 75k a year job to be a trooper because I didn't like sitting at a desk.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5544 users online. 317 members and 5227 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X