300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Act 120

If one is already Act 120 certified, how easy is it to get a police job in PA? Does it greatly increase your chances, or are you no better than anyone else who applies (for departments that actually accept non-certified applicants)?
    "If the police have to come get you, they're bringing an @$$ kicking with them!"
    -Chris Rock

Originally posted by GangGreen712 View Post
    If one is already Act 120 certified, how easy is it to get a police job in PA? Does it greatly increase your chances, or are you no better than anyone else who applies (for departments that actually accept non-certified applicants)?
    Depends upon the department. If they are small, they will generally require the act 120 in the announcement. Departments like Philly and the PA state police dont require it. Generally they will treat you the same as an other aplicant.
    I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

Most departments require you to be certified. I only know of a handful that will send you to the academy if you dont have it and are hired.

Comment

Originally posted by GangGreen712 View Post
        Part-time..........pretty easy.

Full-time.....................
        Steve

Comment

With the economy right now - dept's appreciate you coming into their dept certified, which saves them $$. In fact, I believe Harrisburg is not repaying townships for ACT 120 due to budget cuts. Go to the academy and doors will open for you. Dept's like that they can begin FTO right away to get you started on the street.

Comment

Originally posted by crj2004 View Post
            In fact, I believe Harrisburg is not repaying townships for ACT 120 due to budget cuts. Dept's like that they can begin FTO right away to get you started on the street.
            What do you mean?

Comment

Quote:
              Originally Posted by crj2004
              In fact, I believe Harrisburg is not repaying townships for ACT 120 due to budget cuts. Dept's like that they can begin FTO right away to get you started on the street.

What do you mean?

The state reimburses municipalities a percentage of the cost to send a recruit to the academy.

Comment

Anybody known anyone who was hired from out-of-state, who was certified in their state, and was able to transfer and receive Act 120 certification, and didn't have to go to an academy?

Comment

Originally posted by epd21 View Post
                  Anybody known anyone who was hired from out-of-state, who was certified in their state, and was able to transfer and receive Act 120 certification, and didn't have to go to an academy?
                  I know of one who left Fairfax county PD and went to Bristol TWP pd and is now on in Philly. Even though he had his 120, he had to re do the whole academy minus the MPO cert test for Philly.

Comment

Did he have his 120 before Bristol TWP, or did he take that test in Harrisburg and receive it after passing?

I'm going through nearly the same thing right now.

Comment

Originally posted by BronBron23 View Post
                      Did he have his 120 before Bristol TWP, or did he take that test in Harrisburg and receive it after passing?

I'm going through nearly the same thing right now.
                      No. From what he told me, he had Bristol TWP sponser through some courses then he took the MPO test. He ended going to Philly about a year later.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6785 users online. 350 members and 6435 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X