300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PA Police Vision Requirements

Does anyone know if there are any agencies in PA that do not follow what I assume to be the statewide 20/70 uncorrected vision requirement, or that at least offer waivers if you can hit 20/20 with contact lenses? I'm around 20/100ish uncorrected and from New York, its a pain to keep driving all the way through PA just to get to places I may have a chance at. Just wondering if anyone knows if there are agencies around PA itself that I may have a shot at.

Originally posted by Rzeszow View Post
    Does anyone know if there are any agencies in PA that do not follow what I assume to be the statewide 20/70 uncorrected vision requirement, or that at least offer waivers if you can hit 20/20 with contact lenses? I'm around 20/100ish uncorrected and from New York, its a pain to keep driving all the way through PA just to get to places I may have a chance at. Just wondering if anyone knows if there are agencies around PA itself that I may have a shot at.
    Unless you apply to a non MPOETC agency, your going to have a hard time finding an agency who will apply to MPOETC for the waiver.

You can try for a deputy sheriff job.

http://www.mpoetc.state.pa.us/mpotrs...O_Physical.pdf
    I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

I had to get Lasik to get into a PA police academy. I highly recommend it. Yes its expensive but defintely worth it. Also the vision requirement starts at the police academy. You have to meet their requirements or you wont be accepted.

Comment

I am currently in the PA 120 Academy, BUT to get certified I need to get lasik. So within the next 2-3 months I MUST get lasik to get hired in PA. I'm looking at places. Leaning toward "Lasik Plus" in Pittsburgh.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Breed View Post
          I had to get Lasik to get into a PA police academy. I highly recommend it. Yes its expensive but defintely worth it. Also the vision requirement starts at the police academy. You have to meet their requirements or you wont be accepted.
          How much was your surgery?

Comment

Best thing that I ever did. I did it Oct and was in the academy in Jan. I was still in college at the time and skipped a friday had it done then drove back Sun night. Your eyes are very light sensative for awhile but not a big deal just wear sunglasses. You will have to put drops in your eyes for about 2 weeks. They give you a pair of sunglasses mine werent bad looking actually those are the glasses I wear when Im on the road. I really like the polycarbonate lens.
            I had mine done at Sight line in Wexford. http://www.sightlinelaser.com/
            The cost was $4,100 I believe Yes its pricey but this isnt something I would try to get a Walmart special on either. Any other questions let me know.
            Last edited by Blue Breed; 10-05-2009, 06:41 PM.

Comment

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxx
              Last edited by grd2326; 11-19-2011, 12:01 PM.
              "work harder ... millions on welfare depend on you"

Comment

Originally posted by grd2326 View Post
                I went to the Delaware County Police Academy for my ACT-120 and there was no vision test.

I got hired part-time and then full-time and the only vision test I took was reading a few letters off of a chart on the wall ... while wearing my glasses.

Is this something new for this year?

Sounds like you took the Stevie Wonder test...Now they want you to be 20/70 in your poor eye with out glasses and 20/20 with glasses.
                " Never judge others unless you truly know them"

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4409 users online. 237 members and 4172 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X