300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rosemont College

Not really a cop job but its a job. Plus I swear they had red and blues on their vehicles.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Full-Time Public Safety Officer
    Institution: Rosemont College
    Category: Admin - Campus Safety and Police

Posted: 09/18/2009
    Application Due: Open Until Filled
    Type: Full Time

Public Safety Officer
    Full-Time

Rosemont College has an immediate Full-Time position for a Public Safety Officer. Responsibilities include maintaining safety, enforce College rules and regulations, and protect life and property within the College Community. Uphold laws of the Commonwealth. Primarily assigned to vehicle, foot, or bicycle patrol.

Candidates should have prior campus security or law enforcement experience desired. Must possess good interpersonal skills and excellent communication abilities. Must submit to a background check including criminal history. Must possess a valid drivers license. Must be in good physical condition to respond to emergencies and handle criminal incidents in accordance with other officers of Campus Safety. Must be able to work all shifts, including nights, weekends, and holidays.
    Application Information
    Postal Address: Office of Human Resources
    Rosemont College
    1400 Montgomery Avenue
    Rosemont, PA 19010

Phone: 610-527-0200 ext 2100
    Fax: 610-520-3111
    TDD: 610-527-3809
    Email Address: [email protected]
    I don't answer recruitment messages....

actually, green

Comment

Originally posted by dagwood2001 View Post
      actually, green
      You are correct! I was thinking of Swathmore college.

Comment

Originally posted by orlandofed5-0 View Post
        You are correct! I was thinking of Swathmore college.
        and come to think of it, if i'm out on lancaster ave at 3AM helping a stranded motorist i'm not sure i want flashing green lights on my roof....drunks tend to drive towards flashing lights and green might be an especially inviting color.

Comment

No, its a yellow led light bar and directional leds on the back of a ford escape.

Comment

So, no powers of arrest or anything? Are they armed? Any guess on the pay?

They don't mention Act 120/235 so I'm going to assume no arrest/weapons.

Comment

Originally posted by unsworninpa104 View Post
              So, no powers of arrest or anything? Are they armed? Any guess on the pay?

They don't mention Act 120/235 so I'm going to assume no arrest/weapons.
              No powers of arrest, Lower Merion handles all arrest. Also they do not carry any weapons(oc, firearms, baton).

Comment

Originally posted by Philly OneNOnly View Post
                No, its a yellow led light bar and directional leds on the back of a ford escape.
                i stand correct. saw the vehicle i was thinking of with green lights and it's bryn mawr college security.

Comment

Hey guys can someone give me some insite on security jobs? I have an opp to work security at an area Mall. Apparently it's good to have on your resume. I figured it would be something and it's a job which is hard to come by these days. I just took Abington PD's exam, I'm taking Warminster's and Bucks Co. Dept of Corrections exam as well, so this job may be a good hold over until something breaks.

Comment

Originally posted by Jolloveslaw2009 View Post
                    Hey guys can someone give me some insite on security jobs? I have an opp to work security at an area Mall. Apparently it's good to have on your resume. I figured it would be something and it's a job which is hard to come by these days. I just took Abington PD's exam, I'm taking Warminster's and Bucks Co. Dept of Corrections exam as well, so this job may be a good hold over until something breaks.
                    You will walk around a mall. If someone falls you help them. If there is a spilled soda, you call maitenance to clean it up. Drive around the parking lot, chase kids away.

Comment

Yea in a sarcastic kinda way I figured as much - but it's a job.

Comment

Originally posted by Jolloveslaw2009 View Post
                        Yea in a sarcastic kinda way I figured as much - but it's a job.
                        Thats the way to look at it. I feel bad if it is Neshaminy Mall. That place on a Friday or Saturday is horrible with all ther weirdo goth/emo kids who have nothing better to do.

Comment

Originally posted by orlandofed5-0 View Post
                          Thats the way to look at it. I feel bad if it is Neshaminy Mall. That place on a Friday or Saturday is horrible with all ther weirdo goth/emo kids who have nothing better to do.
                          Yes but at least I'd be busy. Although it doesn't pay very well - I look at it as experience, you can't put a price on the knowledge gained even though it's just an area mall - if you do a good job you earn a good reputation and that will come in handy for references when applying to area departments. They definitely do a thorough background check and mine came back fine. So I can only move up from here. I'm trying to be positive

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3752 users online. 243 members and 3509 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X