300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Temple University Police

Giving credit to retnycdet since he was the first one to notice they had an opening. I applied 4 times for 1 interview, not applying this year as I make alot more than most municipalities.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------

Job Title Campus Police Officer
    Location Senior VP, Fin. & Admin. - Protection & Safety
    Campus Main Campus
    Full/Part Time Full
    Job Number TU-12634
    Date Posted 09/08/2009

Job Qualifications:
    Campus Police officers provide basic police patrol, police protective services and related police services for students, faculty and staff of Temple University. Incumbents ensure peace and order in and around Temple University campuses. Position responsible to prevent crime by processing information received and taking necessary police action. Incumbents investigate criminal and non-criminal incidents, determining what occurred, identifying criminal perpetrators, arresting criminal perpetrators, or acting to bring about the arrest of criminal perpetrators. Position performs uniformed police services at University functions and preventative foot patrol, primarily outdoors, of campus grounds and surrounding areas. Requirements include the operation of a police vehicle and/or police bike, occasionally under emergency circumstances, and performing motorized and bike police patrol. Perform other duties as assigned.

Required Education and Experience: High School diploma or equivalent; two years of experience required. Experience must include one year prior security experience, one year prior police experience, or certification under the Municipal Police Officer's Training Act (Act 120). Additional college may be substituted for prior police/security experience.

Required Skills and Abilities:
    *Demonstrated communication and interpersonal skills.
    *Valid Driver's license.
    *Ability to complete physical requirements of position, including heavy lifting, ability to physically pursue, restrain, and take into custody people suspected of a crime and ability to move rapidly up and down stairs while carrying heavy equipment.
    *Demonstrated ability to recognize, understand, accept and appreciate the value of workplace diversity and respect the practices, values, and points of view of other individuals and groups.

Compliance Statement: In the performance of their functions as detailed in the position description employees have an obligation to avoid ethical, legal, financial and other conflicts of interest to ensure that their actions and outside activities do not conflict with their primary employment responsibilities at the institution. Employees are also expected to understand and be in compliance with applicable laws, University and employment policies and regulations, including NCAA regulations for areas and departments which their essential functions cause them to interact.
    I don't answer recruitment messages....

This was confusing to me

"and ability to move rapidly up and down stairs while carrying heavy equipment."

What heavy equipment do they have their Police Officers carry up and down stairs?

Just curious.

Comment

Originally posted by Baysidegal View Post
      This was confusing to me

"and ability to move rapidly up and down stairs while carrying heavy equipment."

What heavy equipment do they have their Police Officers carry up and down stairs?

Just curious.
      Overweight supervisors..lol

Comment

LMAO!!! Good one.

Comment

I've applied but haven't heard a response yet. It's been about 1 week and a half. This could be because I don't have ACT 120. The opening description is pretty unclear on whether they will train or not. Should I apply again?

Comment

When I went through the academy, they sent several through. All were security guards at Temple at the time they were sent. I have my theory on getting hired there from experience, but it's not a popular view, so I'll remain silent.
            Being a good street cop is like coming to work in a wet suit and peeing in your pants. It's a nice warm feeling, but you're the only one who knows anything has happened.

Comment

Originally posted by stormz5192 View Post
              When I went through the academy, they sent several through. All were security guards at Temple at the time they were sent. I have my theory on getting hired there from experience, but it's not a popular view, so I'll remain silent.
              The sad part is its true!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5736 users online. 308 members and 5428 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X