Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drew1978
    replied
    Makes me angry, I worked so hard to prepare for that damn test! I did really well too. Oh well. I called all the departments on that list and they all told me the same thing.....not hiring/don't use that list to hire.
    Pretty pathetic.

Leave a comment:

• RetNYCDet
    replied
    The Bucks County Chiefs Association should send a letter thanking you for your donation to their association so you can deduct the cost of the test on your taxes, because that is basically what everyone that takes that test has done. It's a shame that they waste peoples time and money. I would be interested to know the number of people actually hired from these tests and why they feel the need to give them twice a year other then to raise money for their association.

Leave a comment:

• omargue
    replied
    has anyone heard anything lately from the Bucks County Consortium Test?

Leave a comment:

• omargue
    replied
    look a few posts up, some one suggested fund raising.....because they did do the same test in the spring. Montgomery Co. at least does their test once a year. it does suck and is frustrating but you just gotta take it. dont just focus on Bucks Co. the advice i received was just take all tests in all possible in all areas. this was the 1st test ive done, and hope i dont have to do many more.....good luck bro

Leave a comment:

• Drew1978
    replied
    I called 18 out of the 25 department that are on the list for the Bucks Consortium Test and found out that NONE of them are even hiring. Not a single one. One department told me they were gonna start hiring in the summer. I got 16 not hirings and 2 chiefs voicemails. Pretty frustrating to pay 50 bucks a pop and work hard to do well on the physical and written exam for them to tell me that not a single district is even hiring. Sounds almost like a scam. Anyone have insight? Some of us are unemployed and can't afford to donate 50 to the bucks county chief of police association.

I'm not a complainer but this is getting to me, kinda rubs me the wrong way.

your thoughts.......
    Last edited by Drew1978; 11-24-2009, 03:12 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Drew1978
    replied
    Thanks for the info. I wonder how long it takes for them to contact us. I heard it could be up to a few months. I called the bucks training center but she didn't really have any answers for me other then to be patient. Thanks again....are you trying anywhere else? Where are you from?

Leave a comment:

• omargue
    replied
    im also new to this field, but from what i have read and heard, if you are selected, pass all following tests, then they will send you to Temple Ambler Police Academy, pay for the course and pay you. i was in group 2, and over heard one of those guys talking that he knew for sure that out of all the departments that they need at least 10-12 new officers. it could be more though.....i also heard that alot of the guys were probably even officers from other departments, countys or states. you got a good score, just wait to see if they contact you.....

Leave a comment:

• Drew1978
    replied
    how does it work with the academy? do they send you and pay or is it on us? what number group were you in i was in 3. any word on how many twnships are actually hiring out of the 25 listed?

Leave a comment:

• omargue
    replied
    i got an 82, i think the next step is just wait patiently for them to contact you. 93 is a good score. im on the lower percentile but you never know.....

Leave a comment:

• Drew1978
    replied
    Scores are now posted, I received a 93% on the written portion. Anybody know what the next step is? I am brand new to this field....
    Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• RetNYCDet
    replied
    Warminster

The departments listed are all members of the Bucks County Chiefs Association. It does not mean that they are necessary hiring off the consortium test.

Leave a comment:

• semper gumby
    replied
    Speaking of Bucks county, Warminster PD is listed on the consortium even though they just tested last weekend and last spring, does anyone wiser than me think this could be fund raising?

Leave a comment:

• RetNYCDet
    replied
    Test date

They do not send out confirmation letters. They will only send out letters if there are changes tto the date, time, or location.

Testing will be conducted at the Central Bucks South High School, 1100 Folly Road Warrington, PA 18976 at the track, on October 31, 2009
    Registration will begin at 0830 hrs, testing will begin at 0900 hrs. No one will be admitted after this time.
    At the time of registration you must show Photo Identification (Drivers License preferred).
    Physical agility test will be completed first. Any one not successfully completing the physical agility test will not be permitted to continue with the testing process. (Requirements for physical agility tests are attached)
    The written test will begin at 1300 hrs. at the Central Bucks South High School 1100 Folly Road Warrington, PA 18976 No one will be admitted after this time. You will again be required to show Photo Identification (Drivers License preferred).

Leave a comment:

• chaps0063
    replied
    I sent my application in, has anyone heard anything regarding testing times, etc? I know it was on the application however I didn't receive any type of confirmation or anything like that...

Leave a comment:

• omargue
    replied
    if selected, after doing the police academy do you receive college credits? and is it best to go in with the ACT120 already? im thinking about applying/registering tomorrow.....but it is alittle far and dont know how much chance i have because i dont have the ACT120. the only thing i have that may stand out education wise is that i have about 85 credits and i am bilingual.....

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3530 users online. 268 members and 3262 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X