300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bucks County Consortium

I've heard there will be a Fall consortium test for Bucks County. Does anyone have information on this about when and where?

From looking at the website, there does not appear to be one.
    I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

Registration for the test is usually in mid November with testing in mid December. Keep checking the Bucks County website for an announcement.

http://www.buckscounty.org/governmen...ety/index.aspx

Comment

EXAMINATION ANNOUNCEMENT
        MONTGOMERY COUNTY CONSORTIUM OF COMMUNITIES
        EXAMINATION - POLICE OFFICER

The Montgomery County Consortium of Communities, on behalf of their respective Civil Service Commissions or Municipalities, will be conducting a written examination for Police Officer on Saturday, September 26, 2009 at the Abington Senior High School, 900 Highland Avenue, Abington, PA 19001. Applicants with the last name beginning with A to L shall report for registration at 8:00 a.m. on the day of the test. No one will be admitted after 8:30 a.m. Applicants with the last name beginning with M to Z shall report for registration at 11:30 a.m. No one will be admitted after 12:00 p.m.

When reporting for the examination, each candidate MUST bring two (2), #2 pencils and photo identification. A Drivers’ License is preferred.

INSTRUCTIONS:

A single, unified preliminary application can be used to apply to any one, or all fifteen, of the following Departments: Abington, Bryn Athyn, Cheltenham, Hatboro, Hatfield, Jenkintown, Limerick, Lower Gwynedd, Lower Moreland, Lower Providence, Towamencin, Upper Dublin, Upper Moreland, West Conshohocken and Whitpain. Unified applications are available at any one of the departments or at www.abingtonpd.org.

A MONEY ORDER IN THE AMOUNT OF $35.00 MUST BE SUBMITTED WITH THE PRELIMINARY APPLICATION. The money order must be made payable to: "Abington Township Police Department". NO CASH OR CHECKS WILL BE ACCEPTED. Upon receipt of the completed application and administrative fee, applicants will be sent a Study Guide to assist in test preparation.

Applicants must review the Minimum Requirements, Job Description and Clarification of Scores prior to completing the Application (in PDF form). Information also available on the Physical Agility Test requirements(in PDF form) and how to Withdrawl from the testing process. Also please print out and return the Survey with your application

Comment

Originally posted by Jolloveslaw2009 View Post
          EXAMINATION ANNOUNCEMENT
          MONTGOMERY COUNTY CONSORTIUM OF COMMUNITIES
          EXAMINATION - POLICE OFFICER

The Montgomery County Consortium of Communities, on behalf of their respective Civil Service Commissions or Municipalities, will be conducting a written examination for Police Officer on Saturday, September 26, 2009 at the Abington Senior High School, 900 Highland Avenue, Abington, PA 19001. Applicants with the last name beginning with A to L shall report for registration at 8:00 a.m. on the day of the test. No one will be admitted after 8:30 a.m. Applicants with the last name beginning with M to Z shall report for registration at 11:30 a.m. No one will be admitted after 12:00 p.m.
          Thats Montco and it closed 2 weeks ago.

Comment

Originally posted by orlandofed5-0 View Post
            From looking at the website, there does not appear to be one.
            I called them yesterday. The announcement is going up sometime next week and the test will take place on 10/31.
            "If the police have to come get you, they're bringing an @$$ kicking with them!"
            -Chris Rock

Comment

Originally posted by GangGreen712 View Post
              I called them yesterday. The announcement is going up sometime next week and the test will take place on 10/31.
              Like I said. The announcement is not up yet so there may not be one

Comment

Like I said. The announcement is not up yet so there may not be one
                Ok, gotcha.
                "If the police have to come get you, they're bringing an @$$ kicking with them!"
                -Chris Rock

Comment

Ok, gotcha.
                  You have to realize that the city is in toilets financially, it could spread to Bucks, Montco etc..

Also realize that most of the departments using the test may hire just 1 and require an Act 120 training up front. Some of the larger departments who use the testing might not but if they get say 100 people who passed and you have say 35 out of the 100 who have 120, then your going to focus on those canidates first. Not fair but its the way of PA.

Comment

You have to realize that the city is in toilets financially, it could spread to Bucks, Montco etc..

Also realize that most of the departments using the test may hire just 1 and require an Act 120 training up front. Some of the larger departments who use the testing might not but if they get say 100 people who passed and you have say 35 out of the 100 who have 120, then your going to focus on those canidates first. Not fair but its the way of PA.
                    It's a similar deal here in CT. We don't have county-wide departments either, so the choices are either become a State Trooper, or apply with 500 other people for a single position in a 25 man department, and if there are certified officers taking the same test as you, you don't have a snowball's chance in hell. But, my fiancee and her family live in Doylestown, so I figure, what the hell, it might be worth a shot.
                    -Chris Rock

Comment

Consortium Test Anouncement

Consortium announcement listed on Temple website

http://www.temple.edu/cjtp/job%20pos...%20Testing.pdf

Comment

Geez... $50 just to take the test. Plus you can only pick up the app at 4 departments. Not worth it.

Comment

Geez... $50 just to take the test. Plus you can only pick up the app at 4 departments. Not worth it.
                          Does that mean that only those 4 departments are hiring?
                          -Chris Rock

Comment

Does that mean that only those 4 departments are hiring?
                            I think there are more but you get whittled down after the education or act 120 requirements.

Comment

if selected, after doing the police academy do you receive college credits? and is it best to go in with the ACT120 already? im thinking about applying/registering tomorrow.....but it is alittle far and dont know how much chance i have because i dont have the ACT120. the only thing i have that may stand out education wise is that i have about 85 credits and i am bilingual.....

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2814 users online. 154 members and 2660 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X