300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How did the oral Exam go?

Mine went well but i was a little nervous.
    IN ORDER TO GET THINGS YOU'VE NEVER HAD, YOU HAVE TO BE WILLING TO DO THINGS YOU'VE NEVER DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've got mine tomorrow.
    "Character is someone you are when no one is watching."

Comment

Second oral that I have gone to and the only difference from this to the last one was that they give you a book so that you can read the question as they read it to you...and you answer as a civilian not as LEO. It's a walk in the park, don't be nervous.

Comment

Got mine this afternoon. I'll post how I thought it went when I get home. Good luck to everyone else!

Comment

Mine went well. Do yourself a favor and read the oral exam guide. It's really helpful.
          "Character is someone you are when no one is watching."

Comment

Overall I felt it went rather well. If you have not taken it yet, familiarize yourself with typical job interview questions.

The oral exam guide basically hints at what you need to know, or will be asked to some extents. The scenario questions are brief, and not overly detailed as stated on the guide. The best you can do is take in account all the information given, and answer honestly how you would react as a good citizen, etc.

The best advice I can give is to practice your interview skills with someone so that you are comfortable with talking, and feel more confident in speaking, etc. If you interview well, and can reduce your anxiety, it is not that bad of a process.

Good luck-

Comment

Hind sight is 20/20...

Originally posted by thump View Post
              Mine went well but i was a little nervous.
              It is easy once the interview is finally over to second guess the could of, should of and if I just would have said this. Try not to beat yourself up about the interview and being a little nervous. You aren't human if you don't have some nerves at critical times and processes in your life. Unless you honestly feel you totally made the worst impression, unintelligible answers as a civilian and completely lost your common sense reasoning; it is probable the interview went better than you feel it did.
              Good luck to you as you continue in the PSP processing to become a cadet. The time involved in waiting for an acceptance letter to the academy has been lengthy as of late.
              Prepare yourself mentally, physically and expect paramilitary
              procedures/etiquette during your time spent there in training. The words grueling and exhausting are not an exaggeration when it comes to describing the Hill.
              Again, good luck to all of the candidates.

Comment

Originally posted by hershey124 View Post
                Prepare yourself mentally, physically and expect paramilitary
                procedures/etiquette during your time spent there in training. The words grueling and exhausting are not an exaggeration when it comes to describing the Hill.
                Again, good luck to all of the candidates.

There is no joke about that at all...I have 10 more weeks to go and it really is mentally and physically exhausting...

Comment

I recently had my oral exam, and the only question that i would like to know, "is there truly a right, or wrong answer to any of the questions, other than the obvious screw-up of trying to be a hero when you should be leaving that up to properly trained authorities?" I would think that based upon the different scenarios/questions presented, that everyone, wether you are nervous, or not, is going to give a wide variety of different responses to the questions, as a "CIVILIAN!" How could one truly score better than another, if everyone is being themself, and answering the questions "honestly, and respectfully, as a "CIVILIAN?"
                  Last edited by srh8275; 09-19-2009, 09:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by srh8275 View Post
                    I recently had my oral exam, and the only question that i would like to know, "is there truly a right, or wrong answer to any of the questions, other than the obvious screw-up of trying to be a hero when you should be leaving that up to properly trained authorities?" I would think that based upon the different scenarios/questions presented, that everyone, wether you are nervous, or not, is going to give a wide variety of different responses to the questions, as a "CIVILIAN!" How could one truly score better than another, if everyone is being themself, and answering the questions "honestly, and respectfully, as a "CIVILIAN?"
                    Because in some of the scenario situations there will always be someone who says:

"I would act, and take out the threat"

rather than

"I assume I have no EMS/Police/ETC. experience, and I would take into consideration my safety, as well as that of others first, and then call 911/ETC. and report the incident, giving thorough details, and then await police arrival."

Or something to that effect. You get the idea though. Then it is judged more critically from there. You just have to use common sense.

Comment

That definately makes alot of sense! thanks for your response, and good luck to you!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4555 users online. 292 members and 4263 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X