300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carlisle Area

Going to the Carlisle area in about a week for a week. What is there to do out there besides Hershey park..
    I don't answer recruitment messages....

Well if your willing to drive 40mins to gettysburg you can take a look at the battlefield and go on a couple of ghost tours. I went to the gettysburg cementary and it was very moving. Besides gettysburg or going to harrisburg I really couldnt find much to do in Carlisle when i drove through.

Comment

You could always get up at 5 and watch the poor cadets run up the hill at hershey and then shop at the outlets! haha

Comment

Carlisle...

Orlando,

I've been to the Carlisle area many times...
        Hershey is nice but too far to visit easily in my opinion, if you're going to actually be staying IN Carlisle. A quick check revealed that you may be in town just in time to catch the Carlisle Bike Fest which will be held at the Carlisle Fairgrounds near the center of town. According to their website:
        http://www.carlisleevents.com/ce/events/bikefest/
        "The Carlisle Bike Fest has been crafted with all motorcyclists in mind. This weekend-long event draws from the V-twin, chopper, foreign, domestic and custom markets. The entertainment, vendors and activities draw thousands of bikers to the Fairgrounds for this show."

So if you do manage to catch the "Bike Fest" which I hear is a pretty good time, but if you do, be prepared as traffic will be HORRIBLE!!

Some highlights to check out may include:

The Middlesex Diner (NO it is not a joke, just outside of Carlisle, it is open 24 hrs. with great/good food...depending on what you order).

The Gingerbread Man restaurant (called simply the G-man around town), good food and a nice place to boot.

Other than going to Harrisburg or another town that is about it...as Carlisle doesn't have a lot of "tourist" attractions (other than being one of the great tractor-trailers meccas/junctions of the North-Eastern USA). Hope you have some luck with finding something to do!!

Comment

Actually going to Shippensburg for a wedding. Going to have 2 nights free but the days are going to be best.

Comment

Check out the museum at the Army War College. Real cool grounds to walk around and a great museum.

Comment

Is there a Drive In Movie still out in the Carlise area?
              Last edited by Baysidegal; 07-16-2009, 04:16 PM. Reason: ad

Comment

Bay, there is a drive-in located just of 81 the Exit 37 (Newville), take RT 233 north about .5 miles, drive-in is on the right. Cumberland Drive-In, is between Carlisle and Shippensburg.

Comment

That might be something fun to do Orlando... I remember the old Drive-in in Willow Grove. Used to have a GREAT time there. We would load up in my friend's station wagon and bring sandwiches and beverages and watch 2 movies. It used to get REALLY cold, so bring a blanket if you go or bring someone to keep you warm..

Thanks Trip!

Comment

Thanks for the ideas!

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7520 users online. 423 members and 7097 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X