Bucks County Sheriff's Office

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bucks County Sheriff's Office

Just a heads up but the Bucks County Sheriff's Office is looking to hire 7 deputies. Check out the Bucks Co. website.
    I don't answer recruitment messages....

I know it doesn't state it, but don't they want some 120 certified?

Comment

Man, why can't York County pay what Buck's is!!!!
      Dispatch, we have a 9-11, Armed Robbery in progress. Seay's Surplus Store, corner People's Drive and 124th Street.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartan75 View Post
        I know it doesn't state it, but don't they want some 120 certified?
        Well the ad states you must pass the Deputy Sheriff's Basic Training:

Within one (1) year of hire, employees hired in this job class must successfully complete the Deputy Sheriffs’ Basic Training Program (certification) through Pennsylvania State University.
        IMO, you wouldn't need that if 120 certified.

http://www.buckscounty.org/governmen...tySheriff.aspx
        Dispatch, we have a 9-11, Armed Robbery in progress. Seay's Surplus Store, corner People's Drive and 124th Street.

Comment

Originally posted by fedguy889 View Post
          Well the ad states you must pass the Deputy Sheriff's Basic Training:

IMO, you wouldn't need that if 120 certified.
          I'm thinking it is more of an unwritten rule. Getting hired at a PA sheriff's office is not like getting hired by a police department. You take a civil test, but it really comes down to the sheriff wanting you or not.

Comment

yeah, that's a pretty nice starting salary compared to other sheriff's dept in the area. 7 positions, we'll see if i have a shot.

Comment

Originally posted by unsworninpa104 View Post
              yeah, that's a pretty nice starting salary compared to other sheriff's dept in the area. 7 positions, we'll see if i have a shot.
              That's better pay than most police departments too. No patrol, M-F, 9-5. Not too bad.

Comment

Wow about 50k, whats the Sheriff make?

Comment

is the only place to acquire an app from the HR dept in bucks county? is there one available online?

Comment

The only place to apply is at the HR department, no applications available online, no forms by mail

Comment

Just a heads up but if you go to the HR, you need to have the following prior to them giving you an application:

Work history for the last 10 years with full address including zip codes

5 references. Professional and personal. No family.
                      I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

Yea, I saw that and since I have an application in I called them today and said sign me up for the sheriffs department. Hopefully I get in! O and heres the pre req for sheriffs.

http://www.pccd.state.pa.us/pccd/cwp...=1430&Q=574647

good luck all

Comment

I had a family member go and try to get an app for me.. and apparently you have to appear in person to fill out the dumb thing.. So not only do I not live close by to go and fill out the thing.. I can't think of too many people that have the time M-F 9-5 to sit and fill out applications when they should be at work... Silly me...
                          The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

Comment

Whoever is going through this process please keep us informed about how it is going.

Comment

I applied and waiting for a call back, they lady at H.R. Department said 4 weeks if I dont get a call by then consider the position filled.

Anyone get a call back yet?

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8069 users online. 238 members and 7831 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Working...
                              X